Contribute
Register

Mac OS X Compatibility for the Clevo W670SZQ (System76 Kudu Professional)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think it might be then? SSDT?

I didn't really see anything wrong with it. Make sure you're dropping all OEM SSDTs with CPU PM info...

Also, make sure you generated it with the MacBookPro11,2 smbios in effect.

And check system.log for clues/errors/information...

Also, make sure you generated it with the MacBookPro11,2 smbios in effect.

And check system.log for clues/errors/information...

This might be it. Re-generating it.

This might be it. Re-generating it.

That is something fairly new in that script... dependency on smbios being setup properly prior to running it. It is evident by reading the code in the script...

That is something fairly new in that script... dependency on smbios being setup properly prior to running it. It is evident by reading the code in the script...

Re ran the script and everything. No Change. I also experimented with DropSSDT and Generate P/C States options in chameleon to no avail.

Perhaps I have a really only version of the script? I'm using the one found on PikeR's thread.

Re ran the script and everything. No Change. I also experimented with DropSSDT and Generate P/C States options in chameleon to no avail.

Perhaps I have a really only version of the script? I'm using the one found on PikeR's thread.

Current script is here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

For Chameleon, DropSSDT=Y GeneratePStates=N GenerateCStates=N

HWMonitor with
Code:
yes > /dev/null

I have also used the MSRDumper kext.

HwMonitor is not a valid way to test pstates...

MSRDumper.kext, DPCIManager or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext are better options. Make sure you execute a variety of tasks for a reasonable period of time while monitoring pstates.

Note: I'm not certain of the state of Haswell PM using Chameleon/Chimera as I'm using Clover pretty much exclusively...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back