Contribute
Register

Mac OS X Compatibility for the Clevo W670SZQ (System76 Kudu Professional)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated the OP with some new experiences.

Also, where would I get the SMBios you referenced as last I checked it wasn't in Multibeast?

Also, where would I get the SMBios you referenced as last I checked it wasn't in Multibeast?

You have to create it by hand (smbios.plist is a text file/xml). You can use Clover Configurator if you unfamiliar with some of the details.

You have to create it by hand (smbios.plist is a text file/xml). You can use Clover Configurator if you unfamiliar with some of the details.

Could you please point me in the dirrection of where to start for that? Sorry if I'm being annoying.

Could you please point me in the dirrection of where to start for that? Sorry if I'm being annoying.

Start by looking at an smbios.plist in a text editor, so you can see the fields that are inside it.

Next, experiment with Clover Configurator's SMBIOS Wizard so you know what it can do.

I Just purchased the AzureWave CE123H, which means the real fun can begin tomorrow.

Checklist?:

• Compile DSDT from my linux install
  • Make Unibeast Drive
  • Patch Kernel
  • Boot,install,reboot
  • Install Chameleon
  • Multibeast
  • Patch DSDT with Laptop Patches
  • Download Trackpad Kext
  • Figure Out audio Codec
  • Generate SSDT
  • Begin looking at SMBios.Plists and how to make one.

Seem about right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Azurewave-A...US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item3cdbbe923a

Okay, so I've got the DSDT (unpatched) and SSDT(using pike's script) working. The biggest issue is that when one finger is on the trackpad, I cannot control the mouse with the other, so dragging files and moving windows is impossible even with your VoodooPS2. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Things I've learned:

• My Framebuffer is actually 8. 12 works but there are artifacts.
  • I have an Elan Click Pad (any advice would be great).

• I have a via sound chip which I'm trying to identify.
  • Ethernet works with the realtek drivers in multibeast.

Sound is working flawlessly with VoodooHDA 2.8.2. (I'm surprised too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back