Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is the first time I've done a hackintosh build, and I have made a powerful computer that can easily run Mac OS X. About 4 months ago, I bought a Mac Pro for work purposes, and it came with Mac OX 10.8. My macbook I had previously was upgraded to 10.7, so I have that as a purchase in the App store, but not 10.8. Obviously, I would rather have Mountain Lion than Lion on my PC, but when I go to download it from the app store, it shows that I have to buy it. If I bought my mac pro with 10.8 installed, why should I have to buy it again? Is there a way I can use a recovery disk I made to get a copy instead? Thanks in advance!

This is the first time I've done a hackintosh build, and I have made a powerful computer that can easily run Mac OS X. About 4 months ago, I bought a Mac Pro for work purposes, and it came with Mac OX 10.8. My macbook I had previously was upgraded to 10.7, so I have that as a purchase in the App store, but not 10.8. Obviously, I would rather have Mountain Lion than Lion on my PC, but when I go to download it from the app store, it shows that I have to buy it. If I bought my mac pro with 10.8 installed, why should I have to buy it again? Is there a way I can use a recovery disk I made to get a copy instead? Thanks in advance!

This is the way it works for us all. I too have a MBP that comes with Mountain. If I hadn't bought Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store previously then decided to update another Mac with Mountain Lion. I/Everyone would have to buy it. When you bought the Mac Pro you bought that package to run Mountain Lion.
It isn't link windows so you get to make a copy of it to disk. Recovery will come from a partition or online recovery.

posted in error

So I pretty much have to use lion as there is no sense in buying 10.8. Mavericks will work using the same methods when it comes out right?

So I pretty much have to use lion as there is no sense in buying 10.8. Mavericks will work using the same methods when it comes out right?

Yes the methods should be the same or similar. You can create a UniBeast install drive with Lion. In all sense it would be great practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back