Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Mac OS X 10.7.5 Update

10.7.5 will break usb3. Fix: usen multi beast for mt. lion and install only usb driver. Restart. Usb 3 works well after that.

Please becareful of doing this i totally hosed my working system by doing this.

I thought my usb was broken as time machine was taking over 20 hours to back up 3 gigs of data, (my drive is usb3) worked fine pre .7.5 after applying usb ML kext my machine would only boot into white screen with mouse pointer,

fixed by disabling usb 3 in bios and deleting kexts "caldigitast10.kext and caldigitusbxHCI.kext"

then reaplying Multibeast lion usb 3 drivers. reboot enable Xchi Smart Auto, working again.

tried to update audio now I get kernel panic after the system is up for about a minute and a half

edit- nevermind about kernel panic - moved my dsdt file out of the extra folder somehow. Oops.

Still no working audio for me. alc 888b even after rollbacks, patched etc.

10.7.5 will break usb3. Fix: usen multi beast for mt. lion and install only usb driver. Restart. Usb 3 works well after that.

Thanks!!

I Install Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 on My HP Pavilion Dv4T 1600 and Fully Woking, All up to date,
Before Update - Remove VoodooHDA Kext,Sleep Enabler Kext,Voodoo Battery Kext
After Update -Restart Computer, VoodooHDA Kext,Sleep Enabler Kext,Voodoo Battery Kext,AppleACPIPlatform Kext Place in Desktop and install Using KextBeast.

Info -Voodoo Battery Kext,AppleACPIPlatform Kext (this kexts install after Battery is worked)

updated to 10.7.5 and now I have the same graphic corruption than 10.8 on my GT440. It does not even get off screensaver...

PS: Just swapped my GTX285 for ATI 6870 - !!! GOOD NEWS !!! Apple fixed ATI6xxx drivers so openCL is fully functional. This card leave my old and dependable GTX 285 in the cloud of dust. It is 3 x faster, especially with performance drop in Nvidia 10.7.5/10.8.x drivers. openCL Galaxy test jams all gauges to the max ~85/450! !!! THE BAD NEWS !!! after sleep - it is in a very bad shape - 80% performance is gone.

I can confirm that sleep makes the graphics performance sink. I don't know the cause but if you find a solution please post it. :)

If it wasn't for this bug I'd be using 10.7.5 but I had to revert to 10.7.4. I used Time machine and I still have the bad performance form 10.7.5 :O

System:

Gigabyte P55M-UD2 (1156 i5 760) Intel 5 Series/3400 chipset
Gigabyte Fermi 450
Audio ID: 887

Under 10.7.4 I had working audio

Copied 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext (v2.1.7) and AudioAUUC.kext (v1.59) to a separate partition

Installed combo update 10.7.5

now AudioAUUC is missing and AppleHDA has new version = no working audio

Used kext wizard to put the above back in /system/library/extension & repaired permissions
Rebooted
Working audio

I like the tool SystemInfo (http://www.olarila.com/kexts/SystemInfo.zip) which matches devices with kexts, so I had quick view of kext versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back