Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
help Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update The Official Thread (Desktops)

my setup GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 f10 v1.3 / CPU INTEL|CORE I7 2600K / video gt 430

Clean install lion 10.7.3 . unibeast on USB. Can someone tell me what boxes I need to check in MultiBeast-4.2.1? After checking the boxes ( see the picture ) everything working fine exept 1 problem

Safari . I go to cnndotcom and it load the page fine . When I start clicking on the links on the page safari look like it's start loading . But nothing happen. Like safari it's frozen.
Can someone help me please . Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 321
Combo update,works fine.
Only audio rolled back with multibeast.

my update is stuck at 38% and says that it cant be saved what do i do? i have tried downloading it from the app store and every time it restarts it still says 10.7.2.

Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 5.20.41 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 5.20.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-27 at 5.20.41 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
ApexDE said:
kiFla said:
ApexDE said:
I noticed that 10.7.3 takes much more time to go to sleep. If i select Sleep from the Apple Menu, it takes about 10 seconds for the system to go to sleep.
Anyone else experiencing this? No biggie, though ;)

Same with me! From 10.7.3 takes 30 sec. for sleep. Prior this it was instantly, never had a problem with this, from snow leopard. Problem is Kernel coreaudiod com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms!
Problem is connected with original iSight external firewire Webcam. If I disconnect it, it sleeps instantly like before update to 10.7.3.
Any Idea?

Ah, i have a iSight Firewirecam too. Must be this in console logs:

Code:
25.02.12 23:02:18,000 kernel: PM notification timeout (pid 221, coreaudiod)

Does it happen on real Macs too?

Disconnect iSight and there is not 30 sec lag for sleep. iSight is a problem for the first time. In 10.7.3 they put back microphone functionality in FaceTime, maybe related with this?

kryz said:
I got TRIM support back now. It can't install properly in multibeast if there already is a folder named IOHCIFamily-Backup on the desktop. After deleting that it installed fine.
Booted single user and ran /sbin/fsck -fy and also saw that it trimmed unused blocks. Everything seems to be fine now.

Thank you! I was *this* close to getting frustrated. Thankfully modern browsers can search for text on pages since it's really hard to search for text within a thread in this forum.

Quick question: do I need to run /sbin/fsck -fy to trim unused blocks, or is that to simply verify? I had cloned my OS to a non-SSD for the update then cloned the updated image back and I assume that there was some garbage left over since i did not update the non-SSD 10.7.3 install with trim support before cloning back.

As a non-unix-type person, would I need to go to the terminal, type

>sudo /sbin/fsck -fy

? It returned with "fsck usage: fsck [-fdnypq] [-l number]" and I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!

I'd been a very naughty boy and wasn't even aware of this update until my sound died and I finally narrowed it down to this being the culprit. :( However, the only reason I eventually got my onboard audio to work at all was to follow Idd's instructions here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486&start=0

which categorically advise against installing AppleHDA Rollback in this instance.
For these reasons i'm a little bit wary of messing around with that little blighter until I'm sure it's not going to send everything pear-shaped again..

after installing lion 10.7.3 in video player like vlc only audio is coming but no video...and in quick time player both audio and video are coming...but video is choppy as hell..
THANKS IN ADVANCE

nvidia GTS240...GraphicSEnabler=Yes

Proletaire said:
I'd been a very naughty boy and wasn't even aware of this update until my sound died and I finally narrowed it down to this being the culprit. :( However, the only reason I eventually got my onboard audio to work at all was to follow Idd's instructions here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486&start=0

which categorically advise against installing AppleHDA Rollback in this instance.
For these reasons i'm a little bit wary of messing around with that little blighter until I'm sure it's not going to send everything pear-shaped again..

Please ignore the above request for help now, as I just ran the AppleHDA Rollback option in Multibeast immediately after installing the MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.3.dmg update image and before rebooting (as the guide on here suggests), and it's all working flawlessly again.
:D Thanks for all the great info!

Hi all,
I face a very strange issue updating to 10.7.3:
When i update with just 4 GB of RAM the system works fine and stable, but when i update with another module of 4 GB the system somehow transfers the graphics from my primary GTS 450/DVI/ to my integrated graphics HDMI or VGA port. Actually the update is successful and system works, but the graphics on HDMI or VGA are...TERRIBLE! So i am using the 10.7.0. If someone faced the same issue and resolved it, it will be great.
Actually, do we get any huge benefit when updating to 10.7.3 ?

Hi,10.7.3 Update works as per usual for me like all others ,just had to reinstall ALC889 reboot and do HDA rollback as well..Sweet....... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back