Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. There are two different versions because SL and Lion have different kexts. Don't mix the two.

Hi there!

I updated my desktop from 10.7.1 to 10.7.3 via Software Update and now I can't get pass the boot logo. I booted with -f -s -x, here's a screenshot: http://d.pr/e8hp

ApexDE said:
I noticed that 10.7.3 takes much more time to go to sleep. If i select Sleep from the Apple Menu, it takes about 10 seconds for the system to go to sleep.
Anyone else experiencing this? No biggie, though ;)

Same with me! From 10.7.3 takes 30 sec. for sleep. Prior this it was instantly, never had a problem with this, from snow leopard. Problem is Kernel coreaudiod com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms!
Problem is connected with original iSight external firewire Webcam. If I disconnect it, it sleeps instantly like before update to 10.7.3.
Any Idea?

Stork said:
No. There are two different versions because SL and Lion have different kexts. Don't mix the two.
Ok thanks, i was never sure about that :p

mg32 said:
Hi there!

I updated my desktop from 10.7.1 to 10.7.3 via Software Update and now I can't get pass the boot logo. I booted with -f -s -x, here's a screenshot: http://d.pr/e8hp
boot from rboot -x >delete voodoohda from s/l/e>repair permissions..
install another audio driver it looks like its panicing on voodoohda

i took that plung after reading the first few post's...i had to reply. hi im new so i hit the update tab in apple osx and found out my kext.drivers when funny. i had a hackintosh build: with comelien
osx 10.6.6 everything was working fine but then it gets stuck on apple logo when i restart. osx 10.7.3 is now on my build! so the update installed everything went well, rebooted and then now errors just hangs on the apple logo
i hope i can get this right but i'll ask for help if i hit a bump

kiFla said:
ApexDE said:
I noticed that 10.7.3 takes much more time to go to sleep. If i select Sleep from the Apple Menu, it takes about 10 seconds for the system to go to sleep.

Same with me! From 10.7.3 takes 30 sec. for sleep. Prior this it was instantly, never had a problem with this, from snow leopard. Problem is Kernel coreaudiod com.apple.powermanagement.applicationresponse.timedout 30000 ms!
Problem is connected with original iSight external firewire Webcam. If I disconnect it, it sleeps instantly like before update to 10.7.3.
Any Idea?
You're not alone in this "takes too long to sleep" problem. However, while I have FireWire ports, I'm not using any FireWire hardware. Another thing I've noticed is how after I awaken from sleep, the next sleep attempt seems to get my Hackintosh stuck. I might as well press reset or just plain turn it off. :x

I finally managed to install 10.7.3 and successfully boot into the system. Unfortunately I have another problem now, QE/CI is not working for my video card. I managed to get it working on 10.7.1 with Netkas' Patch and adding my Device ID. This is not working now on 10.7.3. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I solved the graphics problem too. Apparently I had a problem with my Device ID. Thanks for the help on the previous problem.

kiFla said:
ApexDE said:

Any Idea?

Ah, i have a iSight Firewirecam too. Must be this in console logs:

Code:
25.02.12 23:02:18,000 kernel: PM notification timeout (pid 221, coreaudiod)

Does it happen on real Macs too?

it was funky. First I lost Audio. Then when I used multi beast to roll back audio I ran into kernel panic.

Still waiting till something more stable comes around.

Mahalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back