Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.7.3 update in 4 easy steps:

Refresh clone backup
Download Combo Updater
Reboot
Reapply beta HDA patch

Almost as easy as a real Mac!

As above just reinstalled audio kext for my board.... :D

:D No major issues updating to 10.7.3 via combo updater on my Core i3 GA-H55M-UD2H with ASUS Geforce 8400GS, had to reinstall Lin2Mac's ethernet driver and install the latest Voodoo HDA kext. Working 100%!

about1073.jpg

Attachments

• about1073.jpg
    about1073.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 310
ShadowTD said:

Refresh clone backup
Download Combo Updater
Reboot
Reapply beta HDA patch

Whats a clone backup? and i dont even where to get the HDA patch :/

accidentally updated w apple delivery when i was drunk and not thinking (have 3 macs). the only thing that happened was that audio stopped working. multibeast fixed that with a simple reboot!

CrAcKzZZ said:
ShadowTD said:

Refresh clone backup
Download Combo Updater
Reboot
Reapply beta HDA patch

Whats a clone backup? and i dont even where to get the HDA patch :/

clone backup is an exact bootable copy of your osx drive. incase you f'up you can boot from the exact CLONE of it

the HDApatch is referring to multibeast. download section > multibeast for lion > downoad, extract > launch pkg > check audio/HDArollBack > install > reboot

Re: HOW TO UPDATE TO

CrAcKzZZ said:
Will anyone please give me instructions or give me a link to where i can find out how to Dual Boot Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 and Windows 7 :( I have access to a Mac Hacintosh (My PC with Snow Leopard 10.6) For some reason no matter what i do i cant update to 10.6.8 without kernel panic or PCI Configuration Begin problem :/ If anyone showed me how to get to 10.6.8 without any problems then im sure i could get to Lion myself. Tony i would really appreciate it you PM'd me these instructions personally :p

My build:

LENOVO M55 Desktop (880894U)
Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset (Graphics :p)
Lenovo LKVBGD4 Motherboard
Newest BIOS, I made sure
SATA 500GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

If anyone could make a DSDT file and .kexts for me that would also be amazing :)

find out what kexts youre running, update your o/s and associated kexts. if you have any extra components (ie: tunercard, external video/sound).. remove them and reinstall them when you get your box up and running

also.. make sure you're using legit apple media. i can not tell you how many times ppl ask for help when the underlying problem is that they have a **** copy of the o/s. go out and BUY IT PEOPLE

chances are you're installing it correctly, but are missing the correct kexts or there are kexts that need to be removed in order to get it work

also.. check out all of the flags you can declare when booting up. one might work for you! (graphicsenabler=yes/no)

Tenatious said:
Maybe someone can help me out... having a right load of problems since updating to 10.7.3.

Every now and then I get the message "You must restart the computer" suggesting there is a kernel panic occurring.

It seems somewhat random but only when the computer is being used to do something like download files from the app store.

Does anyone know if I can somehow see what is causing the crash?

console.app is your friend

zentenk said:
I can't boot into mac after the combo update... getting an IOSUSBFamily kernel panic. I tried rboot with GraphicsEnabler=no and -x and PCIRootUID=1 and I still can't boot. Any pointers?

the error says "USB". try booting without any USB devices.. same issue?

are you running the latest BIOSv on your mobo? try disconnecting extra USB ports if your case has them. it may help isolate the issue to a chipset

@igot5onitt The problem for me is i didnt have ANY kexts that i added myself and trust me the OS is legit, and i tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and Yes but still got the same problem -> this image should help BTW i used newest Multibeast.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back