Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved to the realtec network drivers installed via multi beast and removed the LN2x drivers after reading post about panics.
After a wakeup the network is down, no connection, need a reboot to get it back up.

Apple USB keyboard problems:
I need to completely power of the system ( including power switch ) to be able to reboot.
USB keyboard works fine after wake up but USB keyboard is not seen after reboot or a boot after shutdown without taking the power of the mother board.
Keyboard is not even seen by BIOS.
Board works fine with keyboard rebooting from Windows 7.
It all started to happen after upgrade to Lion 10.7.3 and switch from LN2 driver to realtec driver.

Any thoughts?

peterb said:
I moved to the realtec network drivers installed via multi beast and removed the LN2x drivers after reading post about panics.
After a wakeup the network is down, no connection, need a reboot to get it back up.

Apple USB keyboard problems:
I need to completely power of the system ( including power switch ) to be able to reboot.
USB keyboard works fine after wake up but USB keyboard is not seen after reboot or a boot after shutdown without taking the power of the mother board.
Keyboard is not even seen by BIOS.
Board works fine with keyboard rebooting from Windows 7.
It all started to happen after upgrade to Lion 10.7.3 and switch from LN2 driver to realtec driver.

Any thoughts?
My Presto Gigabit PCIe Pro ethernet card just arrived. Ordered from Amazon.
Installed this card in the PC, it has native LION support.
Removed the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from /S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns and rebooted. E voila, USB keyboard problems solved.
There definitely seems to be something wrong in the realtec network drivers.

peterb said:
My Presto Gigabit PCIe Pro ethernet card just arrived. Ordered from Amazon.
Installed this card in the PC, it has native LION support.
Removed the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from /S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns and rebooted. E voila, USB keyboard problems solved.
There definitely seems to be something wrong in the realtec network drivers.

Good for you peterb! :thumbup:
To the others still struggling with your hack, here's the thread about the Presto Gigabit PCIe.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=48091

Ferdbmn said:
dobova86 said:
Using now official Realtek driver in Multibeast 4.2.1.
Meaning just the ones provided with Lion, or did you download and install the 2.0.6 from Realtek website?

No, I've just installed the Realtek Official drivers supplied in Multibeast, avoiding Lynx until they will be updated.

My system updated and rebooted prior to me even realizing what was being applied (a late night!). After the reboot I had no sound. I have a built-in ALC888. I applied the rollback and rebooted, but no change. I am using a DST for my ASUS P5E WS Professional LGA 775 Intel X38 motherboard. Any other suggestions?

blueridgedog said:
My system updated and rebooted prior to me even realizing what was being applied (a late night!). After the reboot I had no sound. I have a built-in ALC888. I applied the rollback and rebooted, but no change. I am using a DST for my ASUS P5E WS Professional LGA 775 Intel X38 motherboard. Any other suggestions?

Yeah, don't do that again! :lol:

Did you apply the AppleHDA rollback from Multibeast or somewhere else?

tamorgen said:
Did you apply the AppleHDA rollback from Multibeast or somewhere else?

Multibeast. Also tried booting w/o my DSDT.

Edit: The AppleHDA is not loading. Loading it manually did not improve things. I have tried several AppleHDA's. The one in the current MultiBeast, a current one from a developer and an older one from my time machine backup. I am still somewhat stuck.

Well, I got it working. Even though I have a DSDT, I installed the non-DSDT HDAEnabler for the ALC888 and now it works! Happy but confused.

Perhaps someone can explain why I need the non-DSDT kext with my DSDT...my DSDT is not perfect and was made using the autopatcher with a similar chipset as a base.

Pretty much straight forward upgrade for me. I use MSI 8400 graphics card as built-in Intel GMA 4500 is not supported. So as usual after upgrade I had to update the Kext with my device ID and everything worked well.

Just a quick note, Installed Combo 10.7.3 update on 2 x working 10.7.2 systems.
(See signature).

1 x Edit for graphics card and 2 x AppleHDA rollbacks (using Multibeast) and all go!

Graphics stability would seem to be much improved!

Thanks to all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back