Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combo update from 10.7.2 followed by a reboot. I ended up with a "Still waiting for root device" error. This happened the last time I updated as well and I can't remember how I fixed it.

I did disable onboard ethernet (saw that in an earlier post). I do not have a SleepEnabler.kext.

I've tried booting with -x, -f, -v, and -s (and every combo of them it seems) with no luck.

I checked all BIOS settings and made one change--enabling SMART status. I also cracked the case to check jumper settings (no change) and reset the cables.

Next reboot it started with no options (-f -v) :headbang:

After my bad DIMM episode, I started with a fresh install of 10.7.2. I don't know if that mattered, but that's where I was.
Anyway, updated via the system updater. It rebooted without Audio, but everything else was just fine. Reinstalled HDA Rollback kext via multibeast and VOILA! Up and running, no problems. Not yet, anyway.

@sanguinarypc

How did you get the GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 to work? I have the exactly same board and the exactly same CPU, but can't seem to get 10.7.2 to recognize any of the hardware. Did you install SL first?

Thanks in advance. (And sorry for posting a direct question, but I can't send PMs yet).

still fighting with my g4 build(gigabyte h55n-usb3) with 10.7.3
boots with rboot but not from hd :banghead:
i get this
boot0:gpt
boot0:test
boot0:gpt
boot0:error

anybody ever see this?

my g5 ok with 10.7.3

Did a fresh install with 10.7.2 and then updated the system to 10.7.3. Everything works fine.

Last night I actually got my Dell Studio 14z updated to 10.7.3 from 10.7.1. Running either the Software Update for 10.7.2, or the combined update for 10.7.2 would always crash my install towards the end, forcing me to revert to my Carbon Copy Clone backup. I decided yesterday to give it a whirl with the 10.7.3 Combo update and I succeeded without much effort, so now both of my Hackintosh builds are up to date. :headbang:

Updated to 10.7.3 my Asus P8P67-M without problems, just AppleHDA rollback and deleted Realtek81xx kext. Using now official Realtek driver in Multibeast 4.2.1.

With my motherboard is important to switch power off then on to restart newly updated 10.7.3, otherwise get some init problem for AHCI drivers.

After creating a backup disk image, I updated the lazy way from the Software Update menu.

After rebooting I played around a bit too much and had a kernel panic (ethernet driver probably since I had no IPv6 showing and it crashed suddenly on using the network), so on the next reboot I ran Multibeast and returned my config back to normal.

Now 10.7.3 seems to work fine. :thumb up:

BTW, I've always been running the Realtek driver from Multibeast. It seems generally stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back