Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

tarjan said:
I have a gtx580 and upon reboot it of course had the default video resolution, otherwise working fine. After fixing the kexts to see the 1080 device id it booted into 1920x1080 but now ethernet is not working.

where can I read the steps for "fixing the kext" please?

are the same old steps when lion was launched?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Cloned my working drive of 10.7.2 a couple times, one copy when I switched to an SSD and have an older 80GB drive from an old PC that I am using as a test drive.

Been running the update different ways in order to build the courage up to install it on my working SSD... I am learning lots this way. I recommend this approach, especially to all of us that are rather new at this! I almost feel like I know what I am doing :D

If I run Combo Update I use Multibeast with these options:
System Utilities
AppleHDA rollback (no audio if I don't use it)
MacMini system Definition (I lose HD3000 video, and definition, if I don't reinstall the definition)
Repair permissions

Everything works this way but I have some quirkiness with some delays in boot steps that weren't there and got a weird screen with a moving mouse cursor but no other functionality. Gone after I reboot. This could be due to the age of the test drive as it seemed to get pretty hot.

If I use Software Update I check the following:
System Utilities
Apple HDA Rollback (no audio if I don't use it)
Repair permissions

With Software Update I don't have to recheck the System Definition MacMini for video (it kept it's definition) and I don't seem to get any of the quirkiness. This seems to be the most hitch-free way to do the update on my system.

If I can resist, I might run 10.7.3 on my mechanical hard drive for awhile for testing before I update my SSD boot drive to 10.7.3. I believe I will have to reinstall the Trim Enabler when I make that update.

UPDATE: Updated with Software Update on my Agility 3 SSD. Update retained my System Definition as MacMini so HD3000 is working, and perhaps improved. I don't seem to be getting artifacts...time will tell.

Ran Multibeast with the following:

System Utilities
AppleHDA Rollback
Trim Support
USB 3.0

On reboot all is well.

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

navynone said:
tarjan said:
I have a gtx580 and upon reboot it of course had the default video resolution, otherwise working fine. After fixing the kexts to see the 1080 device id it booted into 1920x1080 but now ethernet is not working.

where can I read the steps for "fixing the kext" please?

are the same old steps when lion was launched?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

You can find the revised kexts @ kext.com ... no need to edit anything!!!

Just wanted to report that the 10.7.3 combo update went mostly smooth. I was working off a initial 10.7.2 install, so I just let the Software Update install the 10.7.3 update.

Initial reboot hung, but that was alleviated by plugging my monitor into the DVI port instead of the HDMI port. After that, the system booted up just fine.

I re-ran MultiBeast and had to re-apply my patched AppleHDA.kext extension to enable HDMI audio. After that HDMI (including HDMI audio) worked perfectly.

So far no problems or glitches!

D-an-W said:
Did anyone else (With similar hardware to mine, I guess) not have to replace a thing for it all to work ok :?:

I just ran system update (Once it finally let me download it!), let it install and reboot. Following this everything works a treat :!:

Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining here just curious :crazy:

Have the same build, got the same results.

Had 10.7.2 up and running fine. Upgraded Unibeast to 10.7.3 because my SSD came. Reinstalled to 10.7.3 and all is well (minus my audio issues which I'm trying to sort out).

Does anybody use GT210 512mb video card with the 10.7.3 version ?

10.7.3 Update on Abit IP35 Pro

Success on Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 CPU :thumbup:

Run 10.7.3 Combo Update, do not restart
Run Multibeast 4.2.1 with the following options

10-7-3-update.jpg

Reboot and restart with -f

This update includes changes to the SATA extensions so for completeness you can add the following to the info.plist in \system\library\extensions\AppleAHCIPort.kext so that the IHC9R SATA controller is identified correctly :-

<key>ICH9 AHCI</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>ICH9 AHCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleAHCI</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x29228086</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>2000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>Vendor Name</key>
<string>Intel</string>
</dict>

Paste the above directly above the line

<key>ICH10AHCI</key>

Repair permissions, reboot, check Serial-ata in system report, Sata should now be identified as IHC9R

Big thanks to all as usual
Jay

XUTOS-83 said:
Hi, i have the Lion 10.7.0 can i just run the OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo), just download from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484 and install?

No need to update to 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 right?

Thanks,

Vasco

Yes. Just run the Combo Update installer. It has all of the updates of 10.7.1 and 2 built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back