Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
CPU
Graphics
GTX480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Updated from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 and had a couple issues.

1. Kernal panic solved by running multibeast 4.03 nullcpupowermanagement.. Guess I'm going to have to patch applehdapowermanagenemt for a 2600k cpu to get turbo and other power states working again?

2. Black screen at boot solved by deleting my gfx string in the plist file. So was wondering how do I get high resolutions back?

Anyone?

Thanks a million!

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Baruy said:
Just updated to Lion 10.7.2, but had to do a little bit more than what I've read from most people:

1) Installed 10.7.2 Combo update but did not restart right after it finished installing.

2) Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7 using Kext Utility as I was getting DSMOS and PCI Config errors when I updated at first and did not do this. This solved those problems.

3) Installed AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext from 10.6.4 using Kext Utility to make sound work on my Gigabyte H55M-S2V motherboard. It is the only way I can make it work. Other people have found other ways, but those solutions do not work for me.

4) Deleted IOPCIFamily.kext from Lion/Library/Extensions and installed Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext (from junglistmassive's post) for my BCM4321MC wifi card to function.

5) Ran Multibeast's System Utilities to rebuild cache and permissions.

6) Restarted. Fully functional 10.7.2 after, with the iCloud registration screen greeting me after boot.

Why would you use kexts from snow leopard?

davidm71 said:
Baruy said:
Just updated to Lion 10.7.2, but had to do a little bit more than what I've read from most people:

1) Installed 10.7.2 Combo update but did not restart right after it finished installing.

2) Installed AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from 10.6.7 using Kext Utility as I was getting DSMOS and PCI Config errors when I updated at first and did not do this. This solved those problems.

3) Installed AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext from 10.6.4 using Kext Utility to make sound work on my Gigabyte H55M-S2V motherboard. It is the only way I can make it work. Other people have found other ways, but those solutions do not work for me.

4) Deleted IOPCIFamily.kext from Lion/Library/Extensions and installed Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext (from junglistmassive's post) for my BCM4321MC wifi card to function.

5) Ran Multibeast's System Utilities to rebuild cache and permissions.

6) Restarted. Fully functional 10.7.2 after, with the iCloud registration screen greeting me after boot.

Why would you use kexts from snow leopard?

Because I got kernel panics, DSMOS and PCI Config errors, and broken audio, that's why.. *as I have explained above after each step I listed*. :rolleyes:

zentenk said:
Just installed 10.7.2 update, and I get a kernel panic everytime I try to boot in. It was running fine before on 10.7.1

Tried using iBoot to boot into the drive, no luck, tried -x and PCIRoot=1 flags, still stuck. It doesn't cause a kernel panic, but gets stuck in the white apple logo screen.

Anyone encounter this problem?

my specs -

2600k @ 4.6ghz
gigabyte OC HD6870
8gb ram
p8z68v-pro mb

If you have another bootable partition try to run multibeast to install nullcpupowermanagement into that installation.

davidm71 said:
zentenk said:
Just installed 10.7.2 update, and I get a kernel panic everytime I try to boot in. It was running fine before on 10.7.1

Tried using iBoot to boot into the drive, no luck, tried -x and PCIRoot=1 flags, still stuck. It doesn't cause a kernel panic, but gets stuck in the white apple logo screen.

Anyone encounter this problem?

my specs -

2600k @ 4.6ghz
gigabyte OC HD6870
8gb ram
p8z68v-pro mb

If you have another bootable partition try to run multibeast to install nullcpupowermanagement into that installation.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I managed to get it to boot with rboot. I then repaired kext permissions and cache and voila, everything's back to normal

kibkib said:
Hi,

Everything was working fine (on 10.7.0 or even 10.7.1) for me until Imade the update to 10.7.2. Here's my problem at startup:

pb1.png

And here's my configuration:

Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45
Proc: Intel core i5 2400
Ram: 2x4Go = 8 Go
G.C : GeForce Gtx 550 Ti

Any hint is appreciated: thanks in advance.

Try installing ElliotRTC kext from multibeast...

Anyhow I am having a problem of my own. I can't get my realtek 892 audio working with Lion 10.7.2 on either the non-dsdt macman multibeast method, or with dsdt hacks with a patched applehda.kext, or with voodooHDA (which causes kernal panics at boot but at least not before a sonic boom). I have an Asus P8Z86 Deluxe board and have two audio cards installed. An Xfi and onboard audio. In the past Snow Leopard would just ignore the X-Fi card but I am willing to remove it if it would work. Think that VoodooHDA is the only driver that came close to making any noise though it KP'd on me. The Macman driver gets system profiler to recognize the hardware but alas no sound or recognized output device.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Mac-OS-X-10-6-2-Release-Imminent-Required-for-Full-Magic-Mouse-Support-2.jpg

tonymacx86 Blog: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... pdate.html

General Update Tips:
1. Backup Backup Backup
2. If you can't boot, boot from UniBeast or rBoot
3. If you lose audio, use MultiBeast to install AppleHDA Rollback

Update Your Mac OS X Lion App to 10.7.3 [QuickTip]
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... -1073.html

This thread is for Desktop users to discuss their update procedures and results. Good luck!

Laptop users use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=170&t=48101

Good luck!

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

Tempted to update, but I don't want to be the first; I have course work tonight. :problem:

cdiv said:
Tempted to update, but I don't want to be the first; I have course work tonight. :problem:

Good call :lol:

Who wants to sacrifice for the good of all? :shh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back