Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TechieJustin said:
I just got my machine running for the first time.
I'm a n00b to Hackintoshes...

Anyway, I reinstalled the audio driver and everything seems fine.

My only problem now is a persistent but not consistent freeze at the login screen.

Maybe check your Graphics Card settings? What card you running?

When there is a new update i always get mad!
Did a couple of thing but no success.
Any ideas for HD 6950 s? And for Asus p8p67 evo?

Success. 10.7.1 to 10.7.3

Downloaded combo update from Apple, installed, tried to run Multi-Beast but MB reported failure of installation 3 times. (Unusual)

Rebooted.

Everything worked fine. Ran MB, had to install HDA rollback, success.

I had skipped 10.7.2 due to the crappy way it ran on my MacBook Pro. My 10.7.1. system has been stable for over 4 months. We'll see how 10.7.3 goes.

Not an upgrade for me, I did a fresh build and new install. I'm new to the osx86 world. Hardware is in my sig, but basically I did this: 1) install, 2) MB w/Sys Util, User DSDT, Audio (ACL and AHDA), Network (LNX2MAC), Trim (for SSD), and the utils. Network still didn't come up, but installing Realtek's Mac driver for Lion fixed it.

Remaining issues:
* Disk still not bootable (long story full of frustration and reinstalls). I use the thumb boot from Lion install.
* Audio line out from system board isn't working, but front panel is.
* Occasional video artifacts from onboard DVI. Probably need to play with frame buffer based on what I've read here.

I have an Airport Extreme and mini pci-e to pci-e card on the way. My USB wifi works, but I wouldn't call it satisfying.

All in all it seems pretty slick. I think my Mini isn't going to get much use in the near future. The Hac rocks. Thanks to tonymac, macman, and everyone else. Nice work.

so my girlfriend updated her mackintosh by mistake... :crazy:
Audio wasn´t running. She restarted a couple of times, but nothing changed.
When i came back from work i checked on here what to do.
Used multi beast to reinstall the audio (rollback and hda) as well as system permissions.
That did nothing.
Tried it 2 - 3 times and one time checked the whole audio box in multi beast. Now it won´t boot giving me kernel panic.
The problem seems to be the vodoohda audio.
Anyone know how i can disable the voodoo had or delete it?
And no... she does´t have a backup.. :banghead:
What should be my next step?
Thanks

Hobotobo said:
so my girlfriend updated her mackintosh by mistake... :crazy:
Audio wasn´t running. She restarted a couple of times, but nothing changed.
When i came back from work i checked on here what to do.
Used multi beast to reinstall the audio (rollback and hda) as well as system permissions.
That did nothing.
Tried it 2 - 3 times and one time checked the whole audio box in multi beast. Now it won´t boot giving me kernel panic.
The problem seems to be the vodoohda audio.
Anyone know how i can disable the voodoo had or delete it?
And no... she does´t have a backup.. :banghead:
What should be my next step?
Thanks

If you have an external enclosure or a usb to sata adapter you can manually pluck her important files (using another mac) and start over... Good luck. I barfed my hack but had two back ups and survived after freaking out for hours.

That would be my last resort but can´t i boot without audio or remove the kernel some way?

Update:

Got it running again! I watched the "Hackintosh - Basic Intro to Bootloader flags and repair" Video and was then able to go into single user mode and manually remove the VodooHDA.kext.
It boots without hiccup everything except for audio works. My girlfriend nearly lost her nerves watching me trying to fix it. No she will never forget to backup again and won´t update "just because"
Again this site has proven to be the number 1 information source for my Hackintosh needs :headbang:
So now the only problem is fixing the audio.

I lost my firewire after update.. can't get it back yet..
might have to reinstall

Worked great on my Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3. Only issue I have is usb keyboard does not comeback after sleep. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get the USB to act right?

Core i7-2500K
MSi Twin Forzr R6870
16GB Ram
30GB mSATA
1TB 7200RPM
Antec 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back