Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

cybergeek20212021 said:
cybergeek20212021 said:
I'm getting a kernel panic on boot. In the background it says a lot about IOUSBDevice and com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite(4.5.8). I've tried unplugging all USB devices, including the internal card reader, aside from a generic HID compliant USB keyboard. Safe boot doesn't work.
I tried replacing the Kext with one from a Time Machine backup and it worked. :) Hopefully if someone else is having the same issue, this will help them out.

I am getting the same Kernel Panic... :\ Can you all help me did replacing the kexts.. I mean which kexts/files u replaced for avoiding the KernelPanic? :)

With the upgrade to 10.7.3 I had no problems:

-Update is downloaded from apple combo
-For the GPU, previously modified kexts needed in my case for GTX580:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2338-gtx580_lion_10.7.3.html

-I retain my audio kexts AppleHDA.kextx
-I install 10.7.3, no reboot
-I install the kext, my GPU and Audio. (Kext Helper b7)
-Restart
-End of story.

P.D
-In disk utility, repair disk permissions.

StudioK said:
106227_3.jpg

Never had that before, but as I said I got it when I updated to 10.7.3.
--------------------
[/quote]

I got this too but after reset everything works perfect :D

P5Q + ATI HD4850 ok

Reinstall HDA, add ID 0x94421002 in info.plist ( ATI4800Controller.kext)

Ran the combo updater, and the audio rollback with multi beast.
No issues.

Sweet :)

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/XFX-6870/Core i-2500K

Installed.

Had to reinstall sound, network and everything else worked. Was running the 10.6.6 ATI kexts to get three screens - had to edit the personality data for Vervet + connect both the HDMI and DP cables to the same monitor (probably still need to correct the edits). Have three screen using 10.7.3 ATI kexts - got a better Cinebench score and seems much snappier UI than before.

I've been away for a while, but will this support my 2600k/HD7970 build?

(I actually have two 7970s but I assume I'd just have to remove the XFire bridge)

EDIT: What I really mean is, does this have a working driver for the 7970, with acceleration and all?

Just thought I'd add my $0.02 - Updated my Z68XP-UD3 + Radeon HD 6870 via Apple Software Update (after backing up like crazy of course) worked flawlessly, no tweaking required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back