Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
soundman2 said:
any solved the sleep issue ?
my hack does only display sleep ...

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10

i can get no sleep ...

Mine sleeps fine. Are you meaning specifically to 10.7.3, or did you have this before?

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

tamorgen said:
Is that the genuine Realtek driver or Lnx2Mac's driver that is causing the kp? I'm 90% sure I installed Lnx2Mac's driver. I'm guessing you are meaning Lnx2Mac by your Lynx comment. Haven't tried updating. Waiting for all the bugs to surface.

I've decided to bypass the buggy onboard Realtek all together. It seems to cause more headaches than it's worth. I'm spending $40 and getting the Presto Gigabit Ethernet Pro PCIe card that powerpcg5 recommended. OSX Native and no more installing hacked drivers. It's not like the Realtek card is even a great card to begin with. I hear people complaining about it on the Windows side too, so I'll just disable the Realtek in the BIOS once I get the new card from Amazon. This way, I don't have to wait for Lnx2Mac to fix the driver that 10.7.3 broke.

I'll report back next week once I get it in from Amazon.

After my early attempt at updating...

(ended with only 1 monitor working and default resolution)

Picked up again and now won't even boot get kp at startup.

Don't know why I bothered with thisin the 1st place, had a solid Lion install now it's all gone to the dogs.

I'm going to start again from a clean install, sometimes it's the only way to be sure.

updated mine via software update about 30 mins ago and so far so good...will check it thoroughly tomorrow after work...

oh yes only need to reinstall appleHDA.kext...

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

tamorgen said:
shibirian said:
xequtor said:
here the panic screen
It's your RealtekRTL81XX.kext so please try to remove that one, or at least try to boot in safe mode with -x at boot. Alternatively disable onboard ethernet and see if you can boot like that!

P.S.: So it's Lynx fault...I guess he won't be happy to hear that 10.7.3 broke his kext. :(

Is that the genuine Realtek driver or Lnx2Mac's driver that is causing the kp? I'm 90% sure I installed Lnx2Mac's driver. I'm guessing you are meaning Lnx2Mac by your Lynx comment. Haven't tried updating. Waiting for all the bugs to surface.
Lnx2Mac's driver it is.

I can confirm that you can't do a clean install of 10.7.3 (at least on an Asus P8Z68-V LX) using Unibeast as you get a USB-related KP. I would imagine this is the "USB Fix" referenced in the rBoot release notes so it should be heading to Unibeast soon.

EDIT: Unibeast 1.0.1 solves this issue

tamorgen said:
rolandcabral said:
oh yes only need to reinstall appleHDA.kext...

Isn't there a native sound card that doesn't require this reinstall all the time?

If you can live with USB sound card, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back