Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay ;/ i use the same audio but i never experienced any of those problems tho with VoodooHDA

I'll try again though, thanks for the tip.

Edit: VoodooHDA noisy, HDAEnabler from MultiBeast with low volume and quality...

Just update from 10.7.2. all works exept gtx 590, and gtx enabler didn't work :(

Fine for me just had to reinstall edited ATI6000Controller and HDA. :headbang:

Updated via the Client Combo. Everything seems fine except for graphics drivers which I got a kernel panic (unable to find PCI device) trying to use the previous 10.7.2 from MB. My Marvell 88E8056 works out of the box. Just going to try the SleepEnabler.kext now, another QE/CI patch for 10.7.2 which worked before and VoodooHDA 2.7.3.

Update: Kernel panic. JMicron saying Unknown device JMB363 alongside a VoodooHDA error as well.

Update2: Seems VoodooHDA is the problem.

Update3: Removed the VoodooHDA.kext with my backup and used the usual HDAEnabler. Works now with audio.

If anyone needs the next for HD48xx cards its http://www.osx86.net/view/2313-qe_ci_exotic_patch_lion_10.7.3_11d50.html. Works great for me. No issues.

Worked wonderfully for me.

Just installed the combo update and rolled sound back.

kernel panic :(

if I use GraphicsEnabler=no I can get into the system

i3 2100
h67m d2 b3
palit gts 450

I normally use Software update but I couldn't get the download to complete last night as the servers were probably being hammered so went with the Combo Update first instead:

Preparation: Full clone with CCC.

Attempt 1 - Downloaded Combo update:
KP During installation. Force shutdown then she auto rebooted once, all seemed well except disk utility was showing a lot of unrepairable file permissions.

Cloned back to 10.7.2

Attempt 2 - Using Software Update:
Installed the same as my MBP, no problems or KP, left sleep installed everything still working just required HDA rollback. No permission errors.

stryker09 said:
Updated via the Client Combo. Everything seems fine except for
Update2: Seems VoodooHDA is the problem.

Styker,

Try deleting the Voodoo Preference Pane. It's in /System/Library/Prefpanes or someplace like that. Just put the .kext in the trash and empty the trash. Then reboot.

It may or may not stop the KP's, but it's worth a try (save a backup copy of the file before you trash it).

If you need to choose settings in the Pref Pane, you can edit the info.plist in the VoodooHda.kext to make the settings you want the default (Input Gain comes to mind). If you need to know how to do that let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back