Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to 1.7.3 done :)

i7 2600K
GA-Z68P-DS3 REV:1.0 - BIOS F7 (used DSDT-GA-Z68P-DS3-F7.aml)
G-Skill ripjaws x 8GB
ATI 5870
SSD

After update and before restart, in the doubt, I used Multibeast with my DSDT, so I checked:
1- UserDSDT Install
2- System Utilities

Restart without any problem, but no sound, so Multibeast again but this time I only checked under Realtek ALC8xx > ALC8xxHDA

restart again and everything is working normal ;)

Downloaded the combo file last night. Just installed it this morning and ...

no KP
no problems
sound works just fine
network works just fine
did Multibeast 4.2.1 for the audio before I restarted (along with system utilities)

Some notes:
1) Multibeast sure took longer than usual to complete installation of System Utilities and AppleHDA rollback, but no failures while installing.

2) reboot took awhile especially at Mac startup screen and getting to the login page

3) when got to the desktop I started Safari and though it opened fine, my pointer turned to a spinning beach ball whenever it went over an open Safari window even though the site finished loading. It turned back o a pointer when it went to the menu bar of Safari. Quitting Safari and running it again solved this quirk.

1. Download 10.7.3 client update
2. Install update
3. Reboot
4. Edit info.plist file in NVDAGF100Hal.kext to regain max. (and other higher) res. mode(s)
5. Reinstall AppleHDA.kext from Toleda
6. Reboot
7. Post steps and results on tonymacx86 official thread. :)

I've only been running 10.7.3 for about an hour, but so far, it's good.

Edit:
8. Reinstalled NEC/Renesas USB3 kext
9. Reboot

Edit #2:
After the initial boot, Sleep and Restart work fine. But here's where it gets annoying and weird: for example, if I were to get out of Sleep and try Sleep or Restart at any point afterwards, my computer will get stuck (with a blank screen) and I'll have to press the reset button. I don't know if I can blame it on 10.7.3 or the Realtek NIC and/or related kext. :?

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

ffk said:
guspase said:
Updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 successfully via Software update, everything seems to work perfectly!!! The update takes about 10 min.

I'm not directing this at you guspase, I'm saying this to all tonymacx86 users and all mac users...

• Never use software update to update to a newer system version. Even if you are using an Apple product running OS X, always use the combo update.

----------------------------------------

Update to 10.7.3 went well. Only had to replace AppleHDA.kext.
Only had one kernal panic on the first boot after the update.

even if using apple hardware? why?

Anyone tested if nvidia cards still need opencl to be enabled?

Polymira said:
Installed, ended up installing an updated DSDT (I did select the correct board, Z68-UD3H-B3 F10), now with the current DSDT my previously perfect hackintosh now boots into a white screen after the apple logo on 10.7.3 and 10.7.2...

This guy was running flawlessly on 10.7.2 before I downloaded this new DSDT, but I can't locate the version I had picked up in December. I have to boot via Unibeast to get into my system now.

try booting with AtiConfig=Gibba AtiPorts=4

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

ffk said:
guspase said:
Updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 successfully via Software update, everything seems to work perfectly!!! The update takes about 10 min.

I'm not directing this at you guspase, I'm saying this to all tonymacx86 users and all mac users...

• Never use software update to update to a newer system version. Even if you are using an Apple product running OS X, always use the combo update.

Why don't you quantify your response with valid reason(s) why not. In the wonderful world of Hackintosh's there is no one fit solution thats perfect for everyones setup and system.

Personally my hack is solid as a rock but has nothing but problems when updating from the combo updates but works flawlessly using Software update.

I think the most important bit of advice and step anyone can take is simply to create a full clone of there current, working system before attempting an update so if it does go wrong its easy to roll back and try something else. :thumbup:

Updated with Combo Update.

Did an Apple Audio Rollback.

Everything works.

Thanks to Tonymac & Staff

Did the Combo update and copied ALC887HDA.kext back into SLE. Ran Multibeast with audio rollback. Nothing else!

And it works like a charm! Was almost as fast as on an original Mac :D

HW MiniMacHack
MSI iTX MB: H61l-E35 (B3)
i3-2025 using integrated Graphics (3000) on HDMI connector
8GB Ram
Integrated Gbit Lan
Asus Bluetooth (USB)

Combo Update
Multibeast, Alc and Rollback,
Restart
Works fine.

Mobo: GA Z68XP-UD3