Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro
CPU
3.6 Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Had 10.7.2 up and running fine. Upgraded Unibeast to 10.7.3 because my SSD came. Reinstalled to 10.7.3 and all is well (minus my audio issues which I'm trying to sort out).

Motherboard
P5b Deluxe, 6GB, Samsung 830, 10.7.5
CPU
Q9550 Intel Quad
Graphics
8800 GTS + 8400 GS
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I survived the update too,
nothing that changed, everything still worked! EVEN DualCard Efi Strings without Parent/Child distinction.

But something else.
Does Osx really registers one card as primary/parent and one as secondar/child

in my setup i have a 8800 GTS 320 Pci-e 16x and a 8400 GS 512 Pci-e 4x

i know recognized that for example Cinebench only shows the second smaller card, and even my main working App, Avid Media Composer only shows the 8400GS as supported OpenGL Hardware!

how can i change the order so te better card is recognized by cinebench/avid
adding Parent/Child strings did not change anything.

and wich card is used for all the Osx Quarz Effects? Adding widgets and those things!

Thanx a lot.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Almost everything worked with ease. I've hit one issue though, and that is that my ATI 6870 is no longer registering correctly. It used to ID just fine and was Quartz capable, but now it is listed as ATI Radeon HD N140 and is no longer functioning for quartz/game functions whatsoever.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 using the Software Update app, rebooted successfully, everything worked except audio (I forgot to reinstall kexts). Then reinstalled audio kexts, rebooted, selected ignore cache and got a kernel panic when it came to Lynx's network kext.

Booted into single user mode, deleted Lynx's network kext, rebooted, selected ignore cache, installed the official Realtek kext via Multibeast, loaded kext in Terminal and everything is working now.

CPU
G539
Graphics
GTS450
Does anybody use GT210 512mb video card with the 10.7.3 version ?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
10.7.3 Update on Abit IP35 Pro

Success on Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 CPU :thumbup:

Run 10.7.3 Combo Update, do not restart
Run Multibeast 4.2.1 with the following options

10-7-3-update.jpg

Reboot and restart with -f

This update includes changes to the SATA extensions so for completeness you can add the following to the info.plist in \system\library\extensions\AppleAHCIPort.kext so that the IHC9R SATA controller is identified correctly :-

<key>ICH9 AHCI</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Chipset Name</key>
<string>ICH9 AHCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleAHCI</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x29228086</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>2000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>Vendor Name</key>
<string>Intel</string>
</dict>

Paste the above directly above the line

<key>ICH10AHCI</key>

Repair permissions, reboot, check Serial-ata in system report, Sata should now be identified as IHC9R

Big thanks to all as usual
Jay

Motherboard
GA Z97M-D3H
CPU
i3-4370
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
XUTOS-83 said:
Hi, i have the Lion 10.7.0 can i just run the OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo), just download from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484 and install?

No need to update to 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 right?

Thanks,

Vasco

Yes. Just run the Combo Update installer. It has all of the updates of 10.7.1 and 2 built in.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
bigwave111 said:
Almost everything worked with ease. I've hit one issue though, and that is that my ATI 6870 is no longer registering correctly. It used to ID just fine and was Quartz capable, but now it is listed as ATI Radeon HD N140 and is no longer functioning for quartz/game functions whatsoever.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Figured it out. The first 10.7.3 update did not actually effect my ATI 68XX drivers and they were considered out of date. I had tried everything--finding the drivers online, trying various multibeast versions, changing the boot plist files to force graphics enabler to on...none of it worked.

Downloaded the combined update and ran it - ouila.

Motherboard
?
CPU
i7
Graphics
ATI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Combo update from 10.7.2 followed by a reboot. I ended up with a "Still waiting for root device" error. This happened the last time I updated as well and I can't remember how I fixed it.

I did disable onboard ethernet (saw that in an earlier post). I do not have a SleepEnabler.kext.

I've tried booting with -x, -f, -v, and -s (and every combo of them it seems) with no luck.

I checked all BIOS settings and made one change--enabling SMART status. I also cracked the case to check jumper settings (no change) and reset the cables.

Next reboot it started with no options (-f -v) :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.