Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D just updated using combo update everything working fine

i have a problem with the audio quality. Makes a noise especially in a song, where someone says an s. The audio quality problems exist everywhere: In iTunes, in QuickTime, in the Finder with the preview function and in VLC, even in games when explosions happens. It doesn't matter if I use the built-in speaker, headphones, earphones, USB headphones etc. I don't have any idea how to fix this, so what can I do now? How can I fix my audio?

Steps I took:

- Ran Combo update to 10.7.3
- Restarted Computer
- Ran Multibeast and Installed everything needed (as if it was a new build)
- Restarted Computer

System working perfect. Easiest update I have done so far :)

Can't for the
I've of me get it to boot. To the guy a couple of pages back, it didn't work =[

My error is
RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

It doesn't give me a KP, it just hangs forever.

qym2k7 said:
kernel panic :(

if I use GraphicsEnabler=no I can get into the system

i3 2100
h67m d2 b3
palit gts 450

YES! THANK YOU! Was stuck with kernel panic as well. rBoot plus typing GraphicsEnabler=no got me in. Hoping I can fix things from here with the latest MultiBeast -- if not, at least I can backup some stuff now.

Thanks for figuring this out!!!!!!!! :clap:

Core i3
H61M-D2P-B3
ATI Radeon HD 5770

EDIT: Update - Once I was in, I ran latest MultiBeast. It said "The installation failed" ("There were errors with the installation...") so I tried it a couple more times :crazy: and got the same message each time I ran MultiBeast.

Foolishly :oops: I had originally installed 10.7.3 from Software Update. (without making a backup first :rolleyes: ) This time, I decided to reinstall via the Combo Updater. Then ran MultiBeast. It said "The installation failed" yet again, but I went ahead and rebooted anyway... and it all works now!!! YESSSS. :thumbup:

So to recap, that was 1) KP after installing 10.7.3 from Software Update, 2) booting with rBoot and typing GraphicsEnabler=no which made the kernel panic go away, 3) installing 10.7.3 from the Combo Updater and re-running the current MultiBeast (with UserDSDT & audio rollback etc.) All happy now :angel:

Working like a Charm... followed the instructions and it is hap hap happy.
THanks.

GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX
8 gbs of ram Corsair
Ati Radeon Sapphire 5870 1 gb
Sony Optiarc
Intel 320 160 gbs SSD
Western Digital Black 640gb
Apple Keyboard slim
Logitech Wireless Mouse
Dell 22" LED monitor
Cooler Master Tower
Corsair Hydro60 Cooler

10.7.3 installed and working... Kinda

After my wife by accident chose to update to 10.7.3 from the software update :crazy: with KP etc. :crazy: i decided to do a new install...

Downloaded 10.7.3 from the Appstore used iBoot to install (hooray for 10.6.8 backup!).

Ran Multibeast 4.2.1 with options below:

UserDSDT (using the DSDT file attached)

System utilities

Audio: (ALC8xxHDA, Non-DSDT HDAEnabler -> ALC892)

Disk: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, Trim Enabler

Graphics: Nvidia GF100 Fermi Patches: OpenCL Enabler 10.7.2

Miscellaneous: ElliotForceLegacyRTC, EvOreboot, FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins: Motherboard and Nvidia Plugins, IOUSBFamily Rollback, NullCPUPowerManagement, USB 3.0, AppleRTC Patch for CMOS reset.

Network: Hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet.

Bootloader: Chimera v 1.7.0 r1394

Customization: 64-Bit apple boot screen, Generate Cpu states.
System definitions: iMac 12,2

Reboot, everything ran fine except graphics. Used viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35148 Step: 1, 2, 3 and 5.
Could not run step 4, because there is no Info.plist inside my AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext (it's version 100.12.42). I have installed 10.7.3 3 times now and i still have no plist file! (either it's my being an idiot or this is some kinda magic)!

The only thing that's not working is my sleep, which was working before (think i did it vanilla), if anyone could have an idea why is not working please let me know?

Attached is my old dsdt: old_DSDT.aml, and a i new one (new_dsdt.aml) i just created in ubuntu today with no patched or anything (it's a virgin).

Weird thing is that sleep have never worked in windows 7 (i haven't used it, windows is just collecting dust anyway), nor is it working in 10.7.3 now (i have not changed anything in my bios)... BUT it's working fine in Ubuntu o_O

Please help me get my sleep working and i will give you my firstborn child! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• new_dsdt.aml.zip
    14 KB · Views: 68
  • old_DSDT.aml.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 69
I just thought I'd let everyone know that 10.7.3 fixes the 5.1 analog surround sound bug that some people might have been experiencing. In 10.7.2, 5.1 analog surround sound would only be produced from the front left and right speakers. For example, in my case, the center channel audio would be produced from the the front left speaker. This was evident when playing surround sound audio through VLC.

In 10.7.3 this issue has been resolved. A discussion has been started through this thread and links to how to set up 5.1 analog surround sound on your hackintosh:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48098

Second post here, and again, it's a "me too!"

Worked like a charm on my Alternate CustoMac Mini 2011 build. Specs:

Mobo: GA-H61N-USB3 (F3)
CPU: Intel Core i3-2105
GPU: Intel HD 3000 (integrated)
Audio: Realtek ALC889 (onboard)
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA

Applied the Combo Update, which went through fine, then ran MultiBeast, and selecting the ALC8xxHDA Rollback. Rebooted after that, and have a running 10.7.3 (11D50) build!

Nice work, guys!!! :clap: :headbang:

BL.

USB3.0 gone dead after update....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back