Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customac mini 2011 built using all parts suggested, onboard video.

Used Combo Update
Multibeast to add onboard sound
rebooted fine, no sound though
reran multibeast, rebooted
sound working fine again.

No issues at the moment, still testing to see if anything is broken. Quick and painless though.

Juust updated the 10.7.3 combo. Got Kernel Panic because of SleepEnabler.kext. Removed it, and booted fine.

Processor - 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
MB - GA-P55A-UD4P.
Memory - 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics - GeForce 9800 GT 1024 MB

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 276
Everything seems to be working well until I wake my displays. I do not have my machine set to actually sleep aside from the displays and do not have the SleepEnabler.kext installed.

When I came home to wake my machine, all was fine but there was no network. After a restart, this resolved the issue. But now, oddly, none of my drives will appear on the desktop as I selected in my Finder preferences except for my main drive with the OS. o_O

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

***Update*** After restarting one more time, the issue with the drives not appearing on the desktop seems to be resolved for now. Will report back it issue reoccurs after displays sleep again.

Ran a CCC backup, then ran the 10.7.3 installer. Finally ran MultiBeast, selecting System Repair, AppleHDA Rollback, ALC8xxHDA, and Lnx2Mac ethernet driver.

Everything seems to have worked fine.

What is this run to upgrade our os x Hackintosh on every update is released from Apple ??
I am using my stable osx lion hackintosh and i never think to upgrade since there are new features i do not miss them ...

My philosophy is "keep it simple ..."

pippox0 said:
My philosophy is "keep it simple ..."
The 10.7.3 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:

Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
Resolve issues authenticating with directory services
Address compatibility issues with Windows file sharing

-> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
-> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5048

You're right, keep it old, unsecure and buggy :thumbup:

*scnr* ;)

Anyone having any luck with this fixing Sleep issues with X68 boards?

First day building my first Hackintosh - Picked a fine time to try it lol. New OS X Lion and first time trying.

My build -
CPU: Intel Cor i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz (default)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz in slot 1 (Removed 2nd stick for installation process)
Hard Drive: Hitachi 750GB sata plugged into Sata 1 3 GB/s
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4870 512MB

USB Thumbdrive: Centon 8GB

Bought 10.7.3 on App Store - downloads to application folder
Downloaded Unibeast
Downloaded Multibeast

Built USB Thumbdrive successfully :D

Double checked BIOS settings:
Sata is AHCI Mode (default)
High Precision Timer is Enabled (default)
Boot order is set to USB thumbdrive first

I crossed my fingers and proceeded with boot up. Got to the Chameleon(?) boot screen to select my USB thumbdrive to boot.

Did so...and got a kernel panic
and the same result for each of the following
1) -v -x -f
2) PCIRootUID=1 (I notice that this is already set in the Boot args when I look at the crash log)
3) PCIRootUID=0
4) GraphicsEnabler=No
5) GraphicsEnabler=Yes
6) -s
7) -x
8) -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

So, in short, I haven't gotten to the installation screen yet, let alone multibeast.

In BIOS, I have also tried turning off
1) Realtek LAN
2) Audio
3) USB 3

The recurring message is
[RealtekRTL81xx:init] init completed
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff80005dfb2a): "IOUSBDevice::_RESERVEDIOUSBDevice13 called. "@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.24.23/libkern/c++/OSMetaClass.cpp:907
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite(4.5.8)...

So, my 3 questions are:
1) anybody else using Asus motherboard?
2) anybody try making a new Unibeast with 10.7.3 and successfully installing it?
3) anybody got any ideas for me try?

Thanks!

*edit And I did read through all 22 previous pages, hence my first 2 questions.

blumac said:
First day building my first Hackintosh - Picked a fine time to try it lol. New OS X Lion and first time trying.

My build -
CPU: Intel Cor i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz (default)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB 1333Mhz in slot 1 (Removed 2nd stick for installation process)
Hard Drive: Hitachi 750GB sata plugged into Sata 1 3 GB/s
Video Card: ATI Radeon 4870 512MB

USB Thumbdrive: Centon 8GB

Bought 10.7.3 on App Store - downloads to application folder
Downloaded Unibeast
Downloaded Multibeast

Built USB Thumbdrive successfully :D

Double checked BIOS settings:
Sata is AHCI Mode (default)
High Precision Timer is Enabled (default)
Boot order is set to USB thumbdrive first

I crossed my fingers and proceeded with boot up. Got to the Chameleon(?) boot screen to select my USB thumbdrive to boot.

Did so...and got a kernel panic
and the same result for each of the following
1) -v -x -f
2) PCIRootUID=1 (I notice that this is already set in the Boot args when I look at the crash log)
3) PCIRootUID=0
4) GraphicsEnabler=No
5) GraphicsEnabler=Yes
6) -s
7) -x
8) -v npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

So, in short, I haven't gotten to the installation screen yet, let alone multibeast.

In BIOS, I have also tried turning off
1) Realtek LAN
2) Audio
3) USB 3

The recurring message is
[RealtekRTL81xx:init] init completed
panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff80005dfb2a): "IOUSBDevice::_RESERVEDIOUSBDevice13 called. "@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.24.23/libkern/c++/OSMetaClass.cpp:907
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBComposite(4.5.8)...

So, my 3 questions are:
1) anybody else using Asus motherboard?
2) anybody try making a new Unibeast with 10.7.3 and successfully installing it?
3) anybody got any ideas for me try?

Thanks!

*edit And I did read through all 22 previous pages, hence my first 2 questions.

I got the same motherboard and successfully installed Lion 10.7.2. I'm gonna be using Pro Tools and Final Cut Pro though so holding back on 10.7.3 til confirmed compatability.

Start your own thread with the issues and I'll see if I can help you. Also, others are more likely to help rather than your post being hiddenin this thread.

After running the update, had to re-install sound, no issue there...

However, I've lost my 2nd display and the only one working is stuck at 1024 x 768, GFX is GTX570.

I've followed the link to the OSx86 site to download the new GTX enabler but the download stops at 12mb when the description states it at 70mb.

I've raised this issue on their forum as well, has anyone else experienced this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back