Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunbeam said:
hi there, i did an update yesterday as well, unfortunate mine did not end up well.
and as usual, i did NOT follow Tony's advice (me <= DUMBASS) since i read about the update process (update from the compo File, not the Online update thing) later on, while it was updating.

so, right now im getting a lot of KP, in fact its only one :) but it keeps me from booting up the normal way.

Remove VoodooHDA.kext or boot with arch=i386 cpus=1.

Hello,

I have a very annoying problem here: when my computer (Dell Inspiron 1525) is in high usage, say with a lot of apps running and making a lot of fullscreen transitions, including to the Dashboard, or maybe compiling something via the Terminal (with MacPorts), that is, whatever I am doing, it crashes; and the worst part is that it deletes the logs because it says they were out of place or something like this, so there is no log of the crash.
When I boot in verbose mode, there is a reference to the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext in the backtrace, but AppleACPIPlatform.kext is also there. Would it be about the graphics card or something else?
Although it doesn't bar me from using Lion, as Resume takes everything back to place, it is not a good thing to get used with. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back