Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread is for laptop users to discuss update procedures and results. Good luck!

Trying right now, I expect good results! I'll report in a couple of minutes though. Apples servers must be getting slammed. I'm only getting .3 MB/s DL speed.

EDIT: Worked great with patched AppleIntelCPUPM and adding device id to wifi kext!

Had to fix audio kext but other than that, went well.

EDIT: Also replace IO80211Family.kext with your working one if your not using a dsdt mod for wifi to work with the vanilla kext

This isn't the best place for macintosh support, as its a mackintosh forum.

No problem IO80211Family.kext replace, delete ApleHDA: VoodooHDA to use ...

Working fine so far with my Dell 14R N4110.

Removed sleepenabler.kext prior to running the combo update (per tony's recommendation).

Then rebooted and reinstalled sleepenabler.kext with kext utility and rebooted.

so far, so good :thumbup:

updated today 10.7.2 no problems what so ever- still can't find battery kext that works though

Installed the standalone update, had to delete the ApplePS2Controller and use VoodooPS2Controller, and now the IntelAppleCPUPowerManagement is causing kernel panics

:EDIT, just had to replace the new IntelAppleCPUPowerManagement kext with my 10.7.1 version, and it works

Now I randomly, on startup, sometimes get a kernel trap type 14

error message says "iokit.IOHIDSystem v1.7.1 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs)

If iCloud doesn't work (accepting your AppleID but telling you it is not supported in iCloud) update Chameleon/Chimera to a version with the "Facetime Fix".

Strange issue here, after the update I couldn't boot from hdd, I manually installed the latest version of Chimera and set the installer partition as destination.. everything fine now! FaceTime, iCloud all works perfectly here on my HP8740w...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back