Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kirikl said:
Non-original Kext in use on Lion:
ATI5000Controller
ATIFramebuffer
ATISupport
FakeSMC with plugins for monitoring
Jmicron SATA/eSATA
RealtekR1000SL
That's All

Can you tell me where you got the JMicron eSATA kext from? My eSATA port seems to have gone dead in 10.7.2 and I'm trying to find an alternative to the 3rd party driver currently in Multibeast (4.0.3).

Reading all these successful installs of 10.7.2 either cleanly or with a minor tweak here and there is getting me jealous.

I can't even get through the standalone combo update. About 2/3's of the way through everything freezes up and I get the wonderful KP screen. It is one thing to tweak after the install, but I cannot even get that far! I have tried it through software update and the standalone several times and the system locks up about 2/3's of the way through the installation. The beautiful blue progress bar never makes it to the end.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

GA-X58A-UD3R, 12gb Corsair Ram, Radeon HD 6870 and Hitachi 1TB drive.

Still getting issues with graphics and my boot.plist...

I can't boot unless I have Graphics Enabler=Yes but then I get an error in Chameleon saying "nVidia ROM Patching Failed" but then it proceeds to boot with full res, recognized, and acceleration.

Also it seems my boot.plist wont save my settings. I enter GraphicsEnabler=Yes but whenever I turn off my computer and turn it back on the entry is gone to the boot.plist...

ok - heres my 10.7.2 journey. Hope it helps someone if they had the same issues I had.

I had 10.7.1 working and decided to take the plunge.

Downloaded Comboupdate and ran.

Installed fine. Rebooted. (didn't Multibeast - should have in hindsight).

KP on boot.
tried rboot with flags: -v -x -f npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 got in, ran multibeast 4.0.3 and upgraded chimera.
KP on boot
tried rboot again - no joy
stuffed.....
found lionboot from osx86.net and was able to boot with -v -x -f
tried multibeast various times to get audio and graphics accerlation
no joy
installed Ati5000Controller.kext
no joy
ran multibeast 4.0.3 with kext data migration

booted for the win!!!

hope it helps someone.

why did we need to migrate the kext?

Update to 10.7.2 works for me, without any problems!

System:
* MB: GA-P35-DS3
* Graphics: NVidia 8800GTS
* Multibeast 3.9.0, the lion edition does not work for me

Thanks Tony!

Just updated from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 using the Combo update.

Made a backup with Carbon copy cloner, just to be safe before updating.

Installed Combo update, ran Multibeast 4.0.2 and checked appleHDA rollback.

Rebooted.

Audio, Wi-fi, and App store is working.

Signed into iCloud without a problem. It was either the chimera boot loader or that I previously had it set up on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.

Have a little read before you do anything if you aren't sure.

Patience is the key! I learnt the hard way.

Thanks a lot to Tony and fellow members to help get my Hackintosh to where it is today.

RESOLVED MY BLACK SCREEN ISSUE AT GUI STARTUP

After multiple installs (like 10 partitions on my HDD), I have finally been able to resolve the black screen for my video card - see signature (nVidia GTS 250).

After updating to 10.7.2, I booted into another partition 10.7.1 (Created from USB drive) and the removed the following from org.chameleon.Boot.plist-

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>

To my surprise, the graphics came up within 20 seconds once the apple logo screen appeared.
Hopefully this might resolve some other peoples BLACK SCREEN issues.

Keep at it. This fix took me 8 long nights after work with an average of approx 6 hours per night.

ALSO:- On a side note, xMove does not let me create a "Lion Installer" partition if already running Lion. It worked fine (3 time I did this) from 10.6.8, but several attempts on a Lion 10.7 and 10.7.1 running OS would not work. Maybe something that can be looked into Tony / Macman?

Thanks for all your hard work here, and to everyone out there for sharing your success and current issues.

Cheers,

andrewnewbaker said:
macbookpro32 said:
i went back to snow leopard since the 10.7.2 update screwed up everything.

It is possible to get 10.7.2 running perfectly. It just has different requirements. The first issue arises with the system definition used. I'm working on a full tutorial for installation from scratch in less that 15 minutes.

everything works except for the fact that my ralink drivers only connects to an unsecured connection. the only way to solve this problem is to create a guest account on your router setup. I don't want to share my connection to anyone in our neighborhood. This only happened in 10.7.2. Anyway, my nieces use my mackintosh computer. I know use a macbook pro.

Hi guys, I've got a strange Problem here with my Hackintosh,maybe someone can help me out.

I have a SSD from Intel,and after 10.7.2 the Graphic Card Performance just dropped like 60% , for example in Cinebench I'm getting now only 12FPS, before the update 34FPS.

On the other side ,I've installed the update on a WD Raptor 10 000RPM and no Performance Issue with the Graphic Card.

Its like something not right with the SSD compability or what.

System Specs.
1xSSD intel
1xRaptor WD
Gigabyte ga p55 ud6
ATI HD 5870 1Gb
4GB Ram

From 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 via combo update, rebooted, now no sound (no output device in System Pref). Came here, read that I was suppose run multibeast to install the rollback kext before rebooted. Tried anyway, unsuccessfully, some 6 times now - each run takes significantly longer to run, too - on the order of 15 minutes or so (this use to run in about a minute previous to 10.7.2).

Anyway, I'm about at wits end on how to resolve my problem. See my build in my sig.

Any help would be astronomically appreciated.

Edit: Also, Audio MIDI Setup.app crashes on launch. >_<

RESOLVED: Thanks to this thread by idd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back