Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
h67m d2 b3 f4 rev1.1 working fine on 10.7.2 as far as i can tell including app store and iCloud

using the onboard hd3000 through dvi and get occasional artefacting on boot. very occasional. haven't really tried to fix it as a 9800 is arriving next week

ethernet , audio and edimax wireless all working fine

came from a macbook pro and am very happy with this budget build.

rafacq said:
ptt75 said:
Updated to 10.7.2 successfully. Just had to fix audio (rollback).
- App Store and FaceTime working.
- Full acceleration with GT430 (I was using EFI string before the update).

Many thanks!

What version did you update from?

I updated from 10.7.1
Cheers!

Installed 10.7.2 combo update downloaded from Apple and used multi-beast to reinstall audio. App store not working as system not recognized but not a great loss.

htan86 said:
Rick5 said:
Macster9000 said:
updated and now iTunes crashes every time I try to open.

Is that the newest iTunes? There is a newer version out for 10.7.2 ... perhaps try that.

I believe it is iTunes 10.5

R.

Macster9000, did you find a solution for this?
It seems that Everyone else in this forum doesn't seems to have this issue, or maybe everyone exited about the iCloud and forget to test this :)

I have the same issue, since the update, can.t figure it out, try NetKas package make my hack not bootable. TonyMac, please help :( , or idea or direction, anything, please :(

Rick5, I think 10.7.2 comes with iTunes 10.5 (the latest)

For any of you who have problem with iTunes crashing, Netkas fixed ( http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1117.15.html ) actually did working fine (Sorry Netkas :) ) but i have to start from scratch (make sure there are no Problem kexts etc..)

Steps:
Edited:---> Before start over i did Xmove + Lion partition
-> Install SL (10.6)
-> Upgrade to SL 10.6.7
-> Run Update helper and then Upgarde to SL 10.6.8 (here i got gray screen boot)
-> proceed to install Lion (10.7) (i used Netkas ATI..X3000GL.bundle patch for the video card)
-> Upgrade to 10.7.1 (apply the video patch again this time i did Netkas+Andy package ->find on Netkas web -> this will fixed the video and iTunes problem)
(Make sure you Extract the pkg content from Native package for me, extract the Archive.px and get the kext out (except ATI_init.kext in my case-not sure if you needed) and install it using kext installer/util from MB *. (DO NOT REBOOT)
-> Verify and Repair the permission using disk Util (to make sure do it twice :) )
-> reboot and make sure you can login again (few times if you have to)
-> use champlist to generate New smbios.plist
-> Upgrade to 10.7.2 (re apply all the pathes on 10.7.1 by :
(Make sure you Extract the pkg content from Native package for me, extract the Archive.px and get the kext out (except ATI_init.kext in my case-not sure if you needed) and install it using kext installer/util from MB *. (DO NOT REBOOT)
-> Verify and Repair the permission using disk Util (to make sure run it few times)
-> reboot to 10.7.2 and setup your iCloud

*. do everything up to 10.7.2

Works like charm :)

Thanks Everyone :D

Edit -> To overcome iCloud login problem i use Champlist to generate smbios

Had some troubles with apply EasyBeast after upgraiding... Booted from other partition (Snow Leopard), applied EasyBeast to Lion OS, rebooted, works fine! Can't boot in 64 bit mode (used MultyBeast). In this case have Apple Logo screen only. Have you some ideas, guys?

I really had trouble reinstalling back 10.7.1 after not being able to boot 10.7.2, so I don't want to update again. My question is about iTunes 10.5, does wifi sync work under 10.7.1 ?

Good evening, people!

After upgrading to version 10.7.2, the system (Signature) does not want to learn to wake up. Let me explain:

After clicking the "Stop" button, the system goes to sleep, but when he woke up, the system is frozen. I assume EHCI Sleep is also a problem (which I included in my DSDT and do not really want to know to function as the keyboard, once you press the Caps Lock, not the green light of the Apple keyboard). And, I believe, is also a problem of video card: GTX 580 DIRECT CU II.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

bagnolet said:
I really had trouble reinstalling back 10.7.1 after not being able to boot 10.7.2, so I don't want to update again. My question is about iTunes 10.5, does wifi sync work under 10.7.1 ?

Mine did work on 10.7.1

On page 46 of this topic I was having problems with weird GFX on display.....Got that fixed buy using the Nvidia kexts from 10.7.1 :lol: ...All good!!!! But now i have to boot in to safe mode :evil: and switch my resolution to the correct one because if i boot normal i get a login loop. :oops:
Click my user icon then enter my pass. just goes back to user icons....What gives???

Any help would be awesome :headbang: ....Tried this to no avail
http://junkheap.net/post/10504111960/so ... to-corrupt

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back