Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painless Combo Update here :thumbup: Audio Rollback and back-on-track :)

Mak 1 said:
Astpr0 said:
I rebooted after update via comboupdater and after boot logo my monitor says no signal and I have to power off by holding power button. What should I do? My graphics card is enabled by efi strings, and it worked until now. Please help!

SAME ISSUE HERE. 10.7.2 COMBO UPDATE WAS SUCCESSFUL.

After Reboot.
GPU = NVIDIA 8800GT 512 MB
-Any EFI Strings in boot.plist causes issue
-I was using combined EFI String for Network & GPU.
-Removed EFI Strings, added Graphics Enabler:Yes - Works fine (Full Res. & QE/CI - ok)
-Added Ethernet Built-in also (for App Store Login issues) - No Screen
-Removed Graphics Enabler:Yes - Works but No Resolution & no QE/CI

Right Now
-Ethernet fix is ok with Ethernet Built-in in boot.plist.
-No GPU acceleration

Any suggestions? or What kexts is ok to use with 8800GT 512mb on 64bit to enable the GPU Acceleration.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance

SOLVED
-Removed all EFI Strings from boot.plist
-Installed NVEnabler.kext (found in http://www.kexts.com/view/984-nvenabler.kext.html)

Ze Colmeia said:
Dnerve said:
knizmi said:
To all with non-working iCloud.

I was first using the newest Chameleon, and at first I bumped into the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" problem. So I switched to Chimera and rebooted.

After switching to Chimera I received the "Account Limit Reached - This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID."

I thought that there has to be a way how Apple identifies your computer, so I used the Chameleon wizard to generate a new smbios with an actual week of manufacture, unique number and a serial. This is what worked for me and now I am enjoying all the benefits of iCloud :)

Nice one! Generating a new serial worked for me!

Worked for me too!

can you please elaborate how to do this step by step? thanks

Update via SoftwareUpdate.
Restore AppleHDA - audio works.
iCloud works.

But... very strange iTune. When first run it freeze the system. Mouse didn't move.
After cmd+Q quit. Second run - works fine.
Process Mdworker always runs with 70-104% CPU-use...

Didn't shutdown correctly - funs work, but HDD stop.

To the ones experiencing Kernel Panics:

This is how things went with my core2quad Hackintosh (see signature)

1)installed 10.7.2 combo update
2)restored AppleHDA with iboot 3.8
3)rebooted
4)kernel panic: still waiting for root device

5)rebooted with a previously cloned 10.7.1 installation (I do suggest CarbonCopyCloner to everyone)
6)reverted chimera bootloader from 1.5.4 to 1.4.1 with iBoot 3.8 (targeting the 10.7.2 HDD)
7)system boots 10.7.2 just fine...

Great news for those who is having the issue with the ApplePolicyControl.kext. I've worked around this problem for whole day and i finally have a cure for it.
But first thing is that you need another working OSX (10.6 or 10.7) on another disk. If you have one, boot into it, run the 10.7.2 combo upd, change destination to osx Lion disk that you want to update, wait for it's done.
After that go to the S/L/E on osx Lion disk, find AppleGraphicsControl.kext drag it to the desktop. On the desktop, right click on AGC.kext show package contents, go to Plugin and delete the ApplePolicyControl.kext. Drag Drop it back to S/L/E, repair permission and boot back to yours Lion. And now you can enjoy iCloud.

Credit to AppleFan91 in insanelymac forum

Bit of info for guys with 5xx cards - the driver IDs have changed.
For example, my 570 was 1081, It's now 1086. It took me hours to find this, but eventually I found a preconfigured kext, installed it, it worked, and noticed the different ID.

iCloud is working fine for me, since I had it on an iDevice first.

Yay!

Working fine on my P8Z68-V Pro, did stupid thing, forgotten to run Multibeast & the speedstep patcher, screen went blank when first bootup. Reset CMOS and got BIOS back and boot from my backup partition.. ran speedstep patcher & multibeast and everything went perfect after that.

Updated using combo update and used hdarollback for audio and SUCCESS!! :thumbup:

Edit: Does anyone know where i can find sleepenabler for 10.7.2? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back