Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated from a working 10.7.1 but now I get looking for root device UUID error... /sigh

Sabertooth X58.

Rick5 said:
Mostly a piece of cake ....

the mbp installed with no probs ... obviously.

the hack ... installed just fine
had to use pacifist and kext wizard and reinstall

a.) audio
b.) nvidia kext and bundle for the gtx580
c.) usb rollback

everything seems to be working well ... still won't shut down or restart but I didn't expect it to.

R.

Please, Where did you download your kexts for your video card? And what are you using t boot please? I cant make it work here.

felipelumen said:
Rick5 said:
Mostly a piece of cake ....

the mbp installed with no probs ... obviously.

the hack ... installed just fine
had to use pacifist and kext wizard and reinstall

a.) audio
b.) nvidia kext and bundle for the gtx580
c.) usb rollback

everything seems to be working well ... still won't shut down or restart but I didn't expect it to.

R.
Please, Where did you download your kexts for your video card? And what are you using t boot please? I cant make it work here.

I used the same revised GeForceCLDriver.bundle and NVDAGF100Hal.kext that I installed in 10.7. I copied them out of S/L/E prior to the update and then just used KextWizard to put them back. I did this right after the update and prior to restarting the machine ... I made the mistake of not doing it on 10.7.1 and I hope that I learned my lesson. Seems like the ATI users have a far easier time during the update process than do we nvidia slugs...especially the 500 family of cards.

For booting purposes I am using Chameleon 1495 on a USB stick. Unlike the majority, I never had alot of good fortune with Chameleon ... not sure why, it just never worked for me. The USB stick works fine {It doesn't restart or shutdown...but it hasn't since the first install of Lion} and I don't really mind the f12 routine

Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3, upgraded without issues, except for audio (expected) using the combo update.

Installed the AppleHDA rollback, rebooted, audio was fixed.

Ishayu said:
I updated from a working 10.7.1 but now I get looking for root device UUID error... /sigh

Sabertooth X58.

I'm back into 10.7.2, but I can only boot from the rBoot rescue CD. That works, however the harddisk feel a bit slow...

Last time I had this error it was because I had set the drives into the wrong SATA slots, but it worked before 10.7.2 so this can't possibly be the case here...

argh, fml! :( Somebody help, please! D:

mbg032373 said:
Anyone having issues with multiple monitors after updating to 10.7.2? I actually have dual GTX 460s with three monitors that have been working fine every since Snow Leopard. All three monitors worked without any issues under Lion 10.7.1. Now that I've updated to 10.7.2, Lion sees the dual 460s just fine, but only will send output of the first DVI port on the first card. Any ideas?

Dual monitors on a single graphics card works fine. Dual monitors on dual graphics cards will only display from port 1 of the secondary card. I've tried both DSDT edits and EFI inject for the dual cards and neither works. As stated above, all worked fine from Snow Leopard thru 10.7.1. Any thoughts?

mbg032373 said:
mbg032373 said:
Anyone having issues with multiple monitors after updating to 10.7.2? I actually have dual GTX 460s with three monitors that have been working fine every since Snow Leopard. All three monitors worked without any issues under Lion 10.7.1. Now that I've updated to 10.7.2, Lion sees the dual 460s just fine, but only will send output of the first DVI port on the first card. Any ideas?

Dual monitors on a single graphics card works fine. Dual monitors on dual graphics cards will only display from port 1 of the secondary card. I've tried both DSDT edits and EFI inject for the dual cards and neither works. As stated above, all worked fine from Snow Leopard thru 10.7.1. Any thoughts?

Suggest making a new thread in the Graphics section. ;)

Suggest making a new thread in the Graphics section. ;)

Well, sure I can do that; however, this is specifically a 10.7.2 upgrade issue as this work without a problem in all version of OS X from Snow Leopard to 10.7.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back