Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EtHANBB said:
10.7.2 Combo + New Chimera + Audio Rollback = Sweet Victory :D

Indeed! sweet, sweet victory!

EtHANBB said:
10.7.2 Combo + New Chimera + Audio Rollback = Sweet Victory :D
Same here!

lion 7.1.2

Hi i just installed the update went fine all good

No problem to 10.7.2 update. Just had to install audio via rollback and thats it.

Updated with the System updater. Just had to delete AppleHDA.kext, as it causes random kernel panics at boot time.

Sound works, HDMI sound works, I-Cloud works. Now its time to update my genuine Macbook, but this Hackintosh is rapidly becoming my daily driver. I merged my account from the laptop, and its all Mac nirvana.

Thank you all for your expertise, and adventurous spirit!

Joe

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread

Aznboy1993 said:
Been rocking 10.7.2 since its first inception and I have had no trouble with it whatsoever. The GM released last week is the same as this public release in-case anyone is wondering. To install:

1.) Run the combo updater.
2.) Do not restart upon it finishing.
3.) Run MB and select the audio component (aka AppleHDA.kext, HDA enablers, etc.) and install.
4.) Replace AICPUPM.kext to your patched one (applicable for boards that need patched AICPUPM.kext).
5.) If needed replace other kexts that get replaced (i.e. graphics patches) [to my knowledge only AppleHDA.kext and AICPUPM.kext are replaced].
6.) Run Kext Wizard and repair all permissions.
7.) Reboot and be happy!
mpgrimes said:
Here is link form APPLE SITE for combo update

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL14 ... 10.7.2.dmg
Thanks to mpgrimes for the direct download link to the 10.7.2 combo update!

I do exactly what you say but Im stuck on grey screen. Before the update I backup with carbon cloner. I opened to my 10.7.1 I installed graphic drivers permissions with kext wizard still stuck on gray screen and mouse cursor wheeling. Please help?

To all with non-working iCloud.

I was first using the newest Chameleon, and at first I bumped into the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" problem. So I switched to Chimera and rebooted.

After switching to Chimera I received the "Account Limit Reached - This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID."

I thought that there has to be a way how Apple identifies your computer, so I used the Chameleon wizard to generate a new smbios with an actual week of manufacture, unique number and a serial. This is what worked for me and now I am enjoying all the benefits of iCloud :)

Attachments

• chameleon wizard.tiff
    148 KB · Views: 643

forgot to run mb before reboot. Are there any other options to get sound via applhda rollback working again?

telepati said:
Aznboy1993 said:
Been rocking 10.7.2 since its first inception and I have had no trouble with it whatsoever. The GM released last week is the same as this public release in-case anyone is wondering. To install:

1.) Run the combo updater.
2.) Do not restart upon it finishing.
3.) Run MB and select the audio component (aka AppleHDA.kext, HDA enablers, etc.) and install.
4.) Replace AICPUPM.kext to your patched one (applicable for boards that need patched AICPUPM.kext).
5.) If needed replace other kexts that get replaced (i.e. graphics patches) [to my knowledge only AppleHDA.kext and AICPUPM.kext are replaced].
6.) Run Kext Wizard and repair all permissions.
7.) Reboot and be happy!
mpgrimes said:
Here is link form APPLE SITE for combo update

http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL14 ... 10.7.2.dmg
Thanks to mpgrimes for the direct download link to the 10.7.2 combo update!

I do exactly what you say but Im stuck on grey screen. Before the update I backup with carbon cloner. I opened to my 10.7.1 I installed graphic drivers permissions with kext wizard still stuck on gray screen and mouse cursor wheeling. Please help?

gurklu said:
forgot to run mb before reboot. Are there any other options to get sound via applhda rollback working again?

Yes but Installed already MB and I can boot stuck on grey screen mouse cursor wheeling?

What do you suggest? What am I install or unistall for boot again?

Updated, had to run Multibeats and reinstall sound. Had to roll back ATI kexts as I did before.

Have 2 problems:
iCloud will not let me sign in (icloud site being hammered?), tells me I can't sign in at this time. Getting com.apple.systempreferences: The operation couldn\u2019t be completed. (AOSErrorDomain error 1000.), applepushserviced: <APSCourier: 0x7fc04960ab00>: Stream error occurred for <APSTCPStream: 0x7fc04b41f150>: The operation couldn’t be completed. Host is down, and System Preferences: AOSKit WARN: Config request failed. and
System Preferences: AOSKit ERROR: C request failed errors when I try to sign into iCloud.

Facetime no longer works (worked in 10.71). Video, nor Facetime preferences windows, does not ever show.
Facetime.tiff

Attachments

• Facetime.tiff
    161.7 KB · Views: 647
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back