Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.1 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3 i5 2500k
installed update, multibeast for apple hda rollback, reboot. everything is working. IN FACT the apple hda rollback NEVER worked for me in 10.7.0, i would just get a reboot loop, so why the hell is it working now? can't complain. audio is now fully working with front headphone auto switching (i guess i haven't tested any of the fancy audio stuff but i don't care about that right now)

so did the graphics drivers get updated? how come no one had to deal with that if they did? (intel hd 3000 SNB)

leostr said:
..so no indication this has fixed the inablility to connect to SMB shares after Lion upgrade? I know its not in the list of fixes, but have any of you who've updated advise otherwise?

Apple changed the way they authenticate via AFP, and to connect to older AFP servers you have to modify the way the protocol handshakes.

They also replaced the older SAMBA implementation for their own SMBX which (supposedly) actually makes it easier to connect to windows 7 networks.

I have Lion on a corporate windows active domain network and it's fine accessing all the cifs/smb shares with no problem...

I can also connect perfectly TO my home (mini) server via smb on windows 7 home, and windows 7 enterprise (on a VM).

How old is the windows server you're trying to connect to? Maybe they tried strengthening that as well, I don't have an older windows system to test on.

Another GA-EP45-UD3P success using Software Update.

With Lion 10.7, I was using the AppleHDA.kext (v2.0.5f14) from 10.6.8 v1.1 as this started audio without a short delay (When using the patch method for ALC885/889a posted on insanelymac by VCH888) unlike the AppleHDA.kext files from the first 10.6.8 (kext v2.0.5f13) update and Lion 10.7 (kext v2.1.1f11).

I am now using the 10.7.1 AppleHDA.kext (v2.1.1f12) patched with the same method and all is working great again with no delay on audio startup.

I hope all that makes sense :?

Updated via software update, no problems (external audio).

Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 1.34.16 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 1.34.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 1.34.16 AM.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 209
It all went well! Only need the AppleHDA RollBack. For people who is using RAID like myself, do note you may want to update the Combo Cache after the installation.

nazrm said:
nazrm said:
Black screen on boot with 5870 eyefinity & AcD.
Rolled back to 10.7.0 ati kexts and it's running fine.

I just put and reconnect the DVI cable at the first reboot.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back