Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
where can i get the dsdt for my asus p5ld2-x /1333 motherboard with intel pentium 4 3.06ghz processor and nvidia geforce 256mb 7200gs graphics card? Any Help please. Thanks.

Hi Guys, This thread is just too long :)

I updated using UpdateHelper following the instructions exactly as we have on the site. The installation was successful, however I can't boot on my updated partition - I got stuck on the grey apple logo screen.

Any idea of what should I do?

I need help with the upgrade 10.6.8 v1.1. I've constructed the Sandy Bridge Build #4 and installed 10.6.3 from DVD. I've followed the installation instructions, but when I do the 10.6.8 upgrade procedures with multi-beast open, the screen goes grey, mouse no longer works and it says I must reboot. :banghead:

Of course everything goes awry from there. I've tried using the updatehelper but that doesn't prevent it forcing a reboot.

Any suggestions?!

I just got a new graphics card, a GTX 460 cyclone by MSI and I am having trouble getting the system up to 10.6.8. I was able to install from the SnowLeopard installation CD 10.6.3 and now seems to update to 10.6.8 though I lose USB keyboard and mouse.

Once I am in the 10.6.3 environment, here is the latest of what I have done:

1. download new DSDT file: GA-P55-USB3-F9
2. place on desktop with name = "DSDT.aml"
3. I update 10.6.8
4. update NVIDIA
3. run Multibeast with following options
a. UserDSDT Install
b. For Audio, under Realtek ALC8xx I choose AppleHDA Rollback
c. For network I choose Lnx2Mac's Realtek....
d. I use IOPCIFamily FIX
e. I rebuild cache

To get back functionality of USB, what should I do if I have a DSDT on the desktop?

I have seen this:
To restore full USB functionality on a Non-DSDT or EasyBeast system you may need to install USB Rollback using MultiBeast before reboot

Here are links to the sources I have been using:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/ ... pdate.html
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

videos on google chrome are transparent and webpages with video just wont open in safari

Hi all!!
firts thanks Tony for all your effort and all people thats helps others!!
Good job!

I need some help wiht 10.6.8, i can'y updated from 10.6.7 every time i updated after reeboot i have this Grey Screen
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshb/126466201/lightbox/

what i doing
i install 10.6.8 (have already 10.6.7 working perfectly)
install multibest
i have a custom dst file on my desktop
i use Multibeast 3.8, on option i only check custon dst and chimera
i use Nvidia drivers download from here version 1.1

my question is
1-what drivers i need for my pny 470 gtx,?
2-what need to be checked on option on install multibeast, what version, 3.8 or my custombeast?
i have not problem on snow leopard version 10.6.7, the systeme work prefectly ....but trying to go 10.6.8 and have this crash...need to do..i planed to install lion after.
thanks in advance for any help! :thumbup: :think: :headbang:

Attachments

• 126466201_486bff5598.jpg
    126466201_486bff5598.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 600
So after what I think was atleast 10 reinstallations I finally got past PCI configuration begin. The next problem is now that I have no usb. I did the following,

1. installed (that os which may not be mentioned) s3
2. installed combo update
3. installed iousbfamily rollback in multibeast (selected that option only)
4. installed the SLkext provided by http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... &p=1722430 and put them in system/library/extensions
5. set permission 0:0 and 755 to /extra and /system/library/extensions
6. removed the com.apple.kext.caches folder/file
7. rebooted.

And yeh I now got no usb, completely clueless on what to do. What I can say is that it seemed like the kext cache didn't get completely rebuilt (it went kinda quick and I only saw a few kexts pop up).

Hi, I'm a complete newbie and moved from PC to Mac because of the promise of a trouble free life! The 10.6.8 update seems to have broken digital audio via HDMI on my mid 2010 Mac Mini and installing the v1.1 patch hasn't solved the problem. Can anyone direct me to a fix or workaround please? Thanks

i cant get the system to recognize my gtx 480.. ive tried everything ( all the drivers and what not) what can i do to get my graphics running.. and also i cant get my wifi to work.. how can i get that running.. thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back