still have the PCI bug.

When I try to boot the SL-Disk via iBoot, i get the following :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 744
c0h1b4 said:
*** ATTENTION ***

THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO FIX THE HORRIBLE [ PCI Configuration begin ].

It will make your setup even more compatible with the king of cats:

In the boot, press space and then type npci=0x2000

Then, you have 2 options:

1) Add into com.apple.boot.plist

Kernel Flags
npci=0×2000
It is this method I have not worked. When I read about this method in the blog Netkas decided to check it out. In fact, I already changed DSDT, but that was if you could use the original DSDT from the database.
For this purpose I re-created a separate partition where to install the system, updated it to 10.6.7 and later - up to 10.6.8. Naturally, the postinstall with multibeast was performed using the original DSDT from the database. In com. Apple.boot.plist has been added the key that you have presented here. When I restart again [PCI configuration run].
I did not it was a pity to spend extra time to with solving the problem, because the truth is more important. Some do it worked, but for me personally - no.
c0h1b4 said:
OR

2) In the DSDT (and I guess tonymac should update all DSDTs)

On the section Device (PCI0):

remove line "Name (_ADR, Zero)"
correct the _UID line to "Name (_UID, Zero)"

No need for 10.6.7 kexts!!!

Best luck for everyone! :beachball:
In my case this really worked. Naturally, one condition, all original drivers must left in place. Otherwise, why bother then need a DSDT?

PS Once again, sorry for poor English.

Ok - I hear a lot here about everybody is changing, deleting, editing kexts...

How are you doing that.

I run iboot, it goes to [ PCI Configuration begin ]
I run iboot, space + type npci=0x2000 - nothing happens
I run iboot, space + type npci=0x2000 -v - [ PCI Configuration begin ]

How am i supposed to do any editing, rollbacks if I cannot even get to the desktop?

I've gone almost thru the whole forum trying everything and no dice
I took my Asus GeForce GT220 video card out
I have a Asus P7H55M Motherboard,
4 GB ram
ONE TB hardrive

I have all sorts of important files on this computer and i need to recover them
I've posted several times here, but nobody replies - just people who are telling about how they got their systems working without how they did it or that they had no problems updating.
Please, I need a solution as I'm in the middle of recording an album and I don't want to lose everything!
Cheers
S

Ok- I just updated iBoot to 3.1.1 which now has the PCI configuration begin fix included- download and burn this- then use it to rescue your drive.

it seems there is a conflict between the official nvidia drivers and the updated IOPCIFamily.kext, fixing the "PCI configuration begin" issue.

I installed the 10.6.8 upgrade, and the official nvidia drivers. what I get is that it works when booting in 32 bit mode. but the boot process hangs with the "PCI configuration begin" option on 64 bit. installing the updated IOPCIFamily.kext fixes this - but the nvidia driver won't work with this kext installed. (I confirmed - reverting to the older IOPCIFamily.kext will make the nvidia driver work fine)

thus: how to make the nvidia driver work in 64 bit mode?

Installed 10.6.8 update and stepped away from the computer to walk the dog. It either rebooted or the video cut out and my screen was unresponsive when I came back. I did not get a chance to run Multibeast immediately following the update before reboot. Stupid me, I didn't consider unplug/plug the video cable like I should have, so I did a hard reset.

My system came right back up. Spotlight finished indexing and I ran Multibeast (repair permissions, audio rollback, and lnx network update). Multibeast showed an error that some items could not be installed.

Rebooted and now:

- my airport is dead (shows connected but it's not)
- general system slowness
- spotlight is slow as heck
- crash log shows configd crashes every 10 seconds or so
- clicking on just about anything in the top menu bar results in a 5 second or so delay (the apple or spotlight for example)

:banghead:

Edit

I rebooted, repaired permissions, and re-ran the OS X update followed by multi-beast (like I should have done the first time). This time I just tried to do the audio rollback. I received the same error message with multibeast and the system is still hanging with some tasks, and airport does not work. configd continues to crash.

Some things work just fine (Finder is OK, Console works, video is fine, etc.) No network and the Spotlight delay are dealbreakers though.

I'm debating installing this kernel: http://prasys.info/2011/06/howto-macos- ... tel-atoms/

The same issue I have has been reported there; I'm not sure if the kernel is super-customized to the intel atoms and I'm running 64 bit. It's probably not a best practice to randomly install stuff that I don't fully understand but at this point, I didn't have any of my backup gear with me.

Turns out, the Multibeast error was caused by me checking too many boxes--I checked the parent box of the AppleHDA rollback rather than the rollback itself (I knew where it was at, but shouldn't have checked all 3 rollbacks. Probably a conflict, so this was definitely user error)

Update[/]
Fixed everything but audio by re-running MultiBeast and choosing the EasyBeast install with no other options (I may have had a customized DSDT before--it's been so long). Could try to get it installed, but I don't use audio on my PC so I'm done screwing with it until Leopard gets here :)

This is my 1st post here, and first of all huge thanks to tonymacx86 and everyone else involved for creating all of these awesome and simple tools for installing OS X :thumbup:

I've installed SL from an original SL10.6 media using the latest iBoot (3.1.1 I think, using PCIRootUID and -x), updated to 10.6.8, rebooted again with the "PCIRootUID=1" and "-x" flags and ran MultiBeast right after to install the bootloader and everything else.

The hardware:
Asus P5Q PRO /w vanilla 2102 BIOS (no mods)
- ALC1200 audio, used an AppleHDA kext I've found online for it, which works
- Didn't bother with network drivers since I don't need them
PowerColor Radeon 4670 512MB (works flawlessly with GraphicsEnabler)
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.84GHz (24h OCCT stable)
2x2GB + 2x1GB DDR2 @ 900MHz (24h OCCT stable, took the 2x1GB out during installation)
WD 1TB Black drive out of a 2011 iMac (with the tiny Apple logo on it and all)
...nothing else is relevant I think

Now, I've tried both the UserDSDT way and the EasyBeast installs, along with other necessary things such as Rebuild/Repair, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, "64-bit Apple Boot Screen" and "PCI Root UID Fix", but it seems that no matter what I do the system works flawlessly for a while (can be anywhere between 5 minutes and half a day) before KPing over a seemingly random application or process every time :(

I ended up installing neither of the two "easy" ways, and just installing Chimera, configuring the bootloader and installing the kexts manually, without using a custom DSDT - and everything works flawlessly (even Sleep), but the random KP thing is still present unfortunately.
It seems that it happens more often while there's a large amount of storage access going on, copying files, backing the system up, restoring, migrating, repairing permissions and so on.

It's worth mentioning that my old OSx86 10.6.2 (vanilla, no DSDT) still works flawlessly on the same setup (from a different HDD), no crashes or KPs whatsoever, so I think it's safe to assume that this is not a hardware/stability problem, but something related to the 10.6.8 update.

I'm sorry if this issue has been mentioned/resolved before in this thread, but 71 pages just seemed like too much to read through :shifty:

After updating to 10.6.8 the keyboard and the mouse how it is possible to treat doesn't work USB if the mouse doesn't work? Thank.

I can't boot into Mac os x even with iboot, any solutions??!?!?

i did software update and everything work,
except : audio(889a) , USB flash drives and cd ,dvd drives!
any solution?
thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back