Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im having problem too with 5870 and i7860. im stuck at the apple screen but apparently it has booted up as i can actually share screen using my macbook.

Asus P6t WS Pro
Vanilla install with retail 10.6.3 install+iboot.
Updated straight to 10.6.8 with no problems. The installer for multibeast crashed after the combo update. All I did was relaunch and choose easyBeast install+System Utilities.
*video card PCIe Asus Nvidia 8400 GS Silent - works out of box.
*network card works out of box as well.
*audio :thumbdown:
Rebooted without any problems. What's crazy is the AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.3 was working just fine. I tried backing it up and using kext helper to re-install it. no dice. Then I moved on to VoodooHDA.

Re-ran the Multibeast. Chose to install VooDooHDA 0.2.56. Audio out works without distortion. Audio input isn't that great, a little distortion and no way of controlling the volume levels.
Audio chipset is ADI AD2000B. Tried the newer version of Voodoo HDA 0.2.72 resulted in really bad distortion. I reverted back to VoodooHDA 0.2.56.

**** I've installed Voodoo HDA 0.2.72, Had to mess with the control panel. Enabled SSE2, sound is good now. *****

problems here with asus p7p55d + nvidia gfx 470
update worked, reboot didn´t...

kp, no success so far :(

I just hope i can use osx again. Sucks as i miss it. Thought i had compatible specs.

cowfodder said:
Just noticed something. Everyone saying they are having issues with 5770s on 10.6.8 has an i5-760. Everyone reporting success has an i5-2600k. Something to do with the new kernel perhaps?
Somethings not right thats for sure. This update seems to do more harm than good for most of us.

Just updated... everything seems to be working fine. All I had to do was restore audio, and everything was dandy again. :thumbup: Anyone with a similar build - in my sig.- is in the clear. :headbang:

fixxxer2012 said:
cowfodder said:
Just noticed something. Everyone saying they are having issues with 5770s on 10.6.8 has an i5-760. Everyone reporting success has an i5-2600k. Something to do with the new kernel perhaps?
Somethings not right thats for sure. This update seems to do more harm than good for most of us.

Looks the the new kernel doesn't like the 5770 on Nehalem processors.

Hi,

I updated my test system moments ago using System Update and had to do the Audio Rollback, but other than that so far so good.

Upgrade went fine for me, with one exception. I'm having problems waking from sleep with 10.6.8. PC will go to sleep but not properly, with hard-drive/fans still going. Pressing mouse/keyboard then won't wake it up.

Just noticed this since upgrading to 10.6.8. Haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, so maybe it's something to do with my configuration. Did update from Software Update, then tried Combo Update to try and get sleep working. Sleep was working in 10.6.7 but occasionally got stuck when putting to sleep. Now it gets stuck every time I put the PC to sleep. I'm not using a sleepenabler.kext.

I have a 5870 running 3 monitors. 2 at 1920x1200 and 1 at 2560x1600. The 2560x1600 one wouldn't work after the 10.6.8 update. I tried unplugging, replugging, changing ports etc... but it still wouldn't work.

I had to rollback the ATI drivers to those from 10.6.5 using this http://www.kexts.com/view/631-original_ ... kexts.html

All monitors working again after the rollback! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back