Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jpa said:
hi,
actual pc is fresh install:

- boot empire efi - iboot not works - why?
- install retail
- update 10.6.4 y snow graphics
- multibest - dsdt FA in dsdt database
- realtek pkg by linyx2mac

Works ok

dude, how update to 10.6.5??

steps?? help---

thanks...
my pc in signature
"iboot not works - why?" is very vague. Can you provide more details? It works fine on my GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0, Intel Core i7-930. You need to upgrade to at least BIOS FB.

You can go straight from retail to 10.6.5.

Hey MacMAN,

Yes, I enabled the USB3 contoller with and without USB3Turbo and with the kext installed by Multibeast 2.51. My usb no longer works then until I Disable USB3 in Bios and then it works again. This is with 10.6.5 running. It is also with F8 with matching DSDT from the bank.

Thanks

MacMan said:
sevenxbb said:
BTW I still can't get USB 3.0 to work in my GA-P55USB3 v2.
If anybody has had luck with this I'd love to know how!

Thanks

Are the ports enabled in the BIOS and did you try the USB 3.0 driver in MultiBeast.

After I updatet to 10.6.5 I get an KP then I reboot, restarts or set the mashine to sleep.
I yust found out because I usaly have the mashine on.

10.6.5 will NOT work with Profire 2626 firewire audio interface. Plenty of people are having problems with this. I will be reverting to 10.6.4.

profire2626 works on my macbook 10.6.5 but not my hackintosh. Firewire card w/ via chip (4usb 2fw) in the hackintosh... recognizes everything but the 2626. Already have a TI chipset FW only card purchased and in the mail to try with 10.6.5. Installing 10.6.3 to test 2626 w/ via chip.

Edit:

Confirmed in 10.6.3 - 4 - 5... VIA Fire IIM VT6307/L/S 1394 is not compatible with m-audio profire 2626 but will work with simple USB devices.

Attachments

• Asus Generic DSDT Patch with ALC892.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 124
hi,

is normal in information

6 GB 1333MHZ

my memory is 6GB 1600mhz in bios...

something happened?

First of all a huge thanks to everyone making this possible!

In particular for everyone using ATI HD4850 graphics herewith my steps leading to success:

1. Bought compatible HW (GA-H55M-UD2H + Core i3) and decided to give it a go with my HD4850 graphics and IDE DVD-drive
2. Boot with iBoot-CD but trying to run 10.6.3 retail (on USB-drive) did not work.
3. Removed my HD4850 card (don't forget to re-activate board graphics in BIOS first!) and voila: it goes!
4. Installed 10.6.3 (for time being to another USB-drive), reboot with iBoot
5. Installed 10.6.5 combo update, then straight away ran multibeast with following options:
a. UserDSDT with appropriate DSDT on desktop
b. Advanced options: ATI48xx device injector + Netkas 48xx patch for 10.6.5
c. I skipped anything related to onboard audio since this is turned off in the BIOS (using Delta card)
6. Re-ran Multibeast only with System Utils (rebuild caches/repair permissions)
7. Turned off PC, re-installed HD4850 (adjust BIOS to initialise PEG-graphics first)
8. Boot straight from 10.6.5 and OMG this actually works!! :headbang:
9. Installed lnx2mac's Realtek 8xxx driver and also some Envy24 driver for the Delta 2496
10. The IDE-drive still works fine OOB (no need to install Macman's JMicron 36x kexts in Multibeast?)
11. sleep, speedstep not tested yet... still need to move installed OS to internal SATA drive

Conclusion: happy I went with H55 chipset: without the board graphics I would not have been able to get the HD4850 going this easily!!! :cool:

Hi there i tried the Whole Update twice from 10.6.2 and both times it failed to boot... it boots but then gets to the blue screen just before it is supposed to go in and just hangs...

will try again and keep you updated.

Hi.

Done my updates just now. Everything works fine except my bluetooth (ASUS BT-21) doesnt work :( .

Any suggestions? :yawn:

barry_allen said:
Hi.

Done my updates just now. Everything works fine except my bluetooth (ASUS BT-21) doesnt work :( .

I had the same problem, with both ASUS and Cirago dongles. Nothing I did brought them back - I didn't try a reinstallation of 10.6.4, but that was about all I didn't try. I got a Targus ACB10US and that worked OOB, also enabling BT wake-from-sleep in the bargain.

However at that point when I did wake it with a BT device, all my BT devices stopped working - BT menu showed them still connected but they don't work. Unplug/replugging the dongle sometimes worked but a couple of times I had to reboot to get them back. And lately the machine immediately wakes back up when entering the sleep state. Effing nutty.

agentplaid said:
barry_allen said:
Hi.

I had the same problem, with both ASUS and Cirago dongles. Nothing I did brought them back - I didn't try a reinstallation of 10.6.4, but that was about all I didn't try. I got a Targus ACB10US and that worked OOB, also enabling BT wake-from-sleep in the bargain.

However at that point when I did wake it with a BT device, all my BT devices stopped working - BT menu showed them still connected but they don't work. Unplug/replugging the dongle sometimes worked but a couple of times I had to reboot to get them back. And lately the machine immediately wakes back up when entering the sleep state. Effing nutty.

Maybe the solution for me is to revert back to 10.6.4 :wave:

Attachments

• diff F10 to F12.txt
    2 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back