Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.5 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm also in the kernel panic/no mouse and keyboard boat. I can boot into the OS from iBoot, but can't run anything when I get there. Is this just a reinstall situation, or is there some other way to get it to run multibeast?

wow that was a non-event. Updated real quick. Only issue was audio and KP during reboot after install of 889 drivers. No KP after subsequent reboot or shutdowns. But my about mac is cosmetically wrong. My RAM is DDR3-10600R running 1376MHz and CPU is at 3.78GHz oh well...

Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 11.46.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 11.46.42 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 11.46.42 PM.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 20120329_230334.jpg
    20120329_230334.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
My Update:

Installed using software update forced system restart.... KP on boot found in safe mode it was my Sleepenabler...?? (thought the 10.6.x was meant for this fix and swore I had that installed :crazy: )

Loaded drive on another mac, removed Sleep, rebuild extensions... fully working

p-171FX laptop Gateway

Hope this helps someone JIC

Worked great for me:

-installed update
-reboot
-Multibeast with audio rollback/USB 3.0/repair permissions
-reboot/crash on shutdown
-hard reboot
-awesomeness!

Built in USB 3.0 ports tested with a USB 3.0 dock, it works great. Thanks to all who work on Multibeast, and make it so painless for all of this to be possible!

No network

Updated, rolled back HDA audio, and network is not working. Removed all old kexts, rebuilt caches, tried r1000sl driver, lnx2mac driver installed with kextbeast, and realteks official driver, all of which worked before. Before I do a complete reinstall, anyone else having this problem? I have a realtek 8111D on a P55A-UD4P board.

Thanks a bunch!

UPDATE:

* WHOOPS - HUB HAD COME UNPLUGGED * Sucks to be an idiot sometimes. Sorry.

ok,
bad news all around.

I attempted the 10.6.5 update on an ieasyiboot setup.
the reboot resulted in my keyboard/mouse not working (USB ports all failed. driver not loaded.
sound failed (using external sound on same USB ports)

this means I had no access to the machine. I couldn't even tell you if it booted safely as I am blind. I had to get visual assistance just to look at the screen. the boot appeared fine except that no USB port would work, the machine was inaccessible and any attempt to gain access was unsuccessful. I ended up rolling back to 10.6.1 and re-installing the 10.6.4 update and multicast.

at this time, I cannot report any real possibility of success on my IL9pro v1.0 intel branded board.

I wouldn't mind the voiceover updates and the updates to safari 5. but unless I can break down the package and install the components manually, this is a non-starter.

I'm hoping 64bit works now with ATi 5xxx graphic cards. I'm too scared to test it my self :)

:!: If you're not using an edited DSDT, you may have isses with USB upon reboot. This can be remedied by booting with iBoot, then installing 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily Rollback. :!:

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back