1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's now available in Software Update.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250 for an overview of changes.

Most supported systems will not need to make any post-installation fixes, but here are a few points to be aware of.

Audio
The update will replace your AppleHDA.kext. If you aren't using the ALC889a codec with Legacy889aHDA, you will have to reinstall the 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback using MultiBeast. If you're using VoodooHDA, you will not need to make any modifications.

USB
As of Multibeast 2.4.1, EasyBeast has been updated to include USB Rollback, which enables full USB functionality on 10.6.5. If you already have a system installed using EasyBeast, simply install the new USB Rollback option.

Sleep enabler
Sleep enabler kexts are version specific. Remove before installing the update.

iBoot 2.5.1
Integrates the new 10.5.0 kernel and USB fixes for 10.6.5. If you're having issues post-update, you can always boot using iBoot, then target your drive.

IMPORTANT: When using iBoot 2.5.1 as a rescue disk with 10.6.5, USB 2.0 devices will cause a kernel panic. USB keyboard/mouse will work. A fix is in the works.

Re: Snow Leopard 10.6.5

is this safe?

Attachments

• setBrightness.zip
    348 bytes · Views: 100
Is there a need to run multibeast again before restarting?

halfalive said:
If you are using a motherboard with the ALC888, ALC888b or ALC889 codec you will need to install the 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback to restore audio. You can do that anytime after installing 10.6.5

Attachments

• Mountain Lion MBR Patch.zip
    360.8 KB · Views: 104
Re: New Software Update Forum

Well, well. It's 4:35 PM EST, and sitting in front of me is a system update for 10.6.5. The software update says, and I quote:

"The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
resolve a delay between print jobs
address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Deciding now if I should update the currently working Hackintosh.

10.6.5 out!

Just checked software update and it's out! I'll be upgrading and I'll post my results.

Attachments

• 20120327_225441.jpg
    20120327_225441.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 244
Re: New Software Update Forum

rcoden26 said:
Well, well. It's 4:35 PM EST, and sitting in front of me is a system update for 10.6.5. The software update says, and I quote:

"The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
resolve a delay between print jobs
address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Deciding now if I should update the currently working Hackintosh.

Good News: Installs fine
Bad News: No devices for sound output found.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    263 KB · Views: 243
MacMan said:
halfalive said:
If you are using a motherboard with the ALC888, ALC888b or ALC889 codec you will need to install the 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback to restore audio. You can do that anytime after installing 10.6.5

Hi MacMan, I have GA-P55-UD6 that is with Realtek ALC889A. I installed OS X using User DSDT. Is not clear to me if I need to run MultiBeast again to install AppleHDA 10.6.2.

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
boydon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back