Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucial said:
Tony,
Big thank you.
Sleep now works correctly with no USB problems.

Extras / Extensions is down to:
fakesmc.kext
JMicronATA.kext
LegacyHDA_ALC888B.kext

Geekbench is up to 8575 (up by over 900 points).

The one step backwards is that my boot drive is now orange, but that is not a big deal.

Is your on board audio working? The codec on that mobo should be 888, not 888b.

The orange drive icon puzzles me too, but I think a combination of things causes that. I did a fresh install of 10.6 on Sunday, and the drive icon was normal. I went to 10.6.3 and then ran multibeast/easybeast with some settings, and the drive icon was still normal. It wasn't until I removed some items from E/E that the drive icon turned orange. I removed all the items in E/E that weren't mentioned in the blog post, http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html.

I have the same UD2 board, and I couldn't get sleep to work even before installing 10.6.3. However, last night I tried the newer SleepEnabler.kext, and that was the ticket. My computer now goes to sleep in less than a second and comes back when I hit the power button.

In the past weeks, I couldn't get sound to work either, so I found my USB MobilePre, and installed 10.5.x drivers, and now I have sound! I'll probably get a $12 USB sound adapter instead of using this much more expensive and bulky audio recording box, but at least I know that I can get sound to work.

So, now I think I'm running at 100% on 10.6.3. Specs of my system are in my sig

Ironically (and sadly) OSX 10.6.3 sleeps instantly (albeit with some USB/Wake issues), whereas Windows 7 doesn't on the exact same hardware.

Baffling. /shrug

yoyoman said:
The orange drive icon puzzles me too, but I think a combination of things causes that. I did a fresh install of 10.6 on Sunday, and the drive icon was normal. I went to 10.6.3 and then ran multibeast/easybeast with some settings, and the drive icon was still normal. It wasn't until I removed some items from E/E that the drive icon turned orange. I removed all the items in E/E that weren't mentioned in the blog post, http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html.

I have the same UD2 board, and I couldn't get sleep to work even before installing 10.6.3. However, last night I tried the newer SleepEnabler.kext, and that was the ticket. My computer now goes to sleep in less than a second and comes back when I hit the power button.

In the past weeks, I couldn't get sound to work either, so I found my USB MobilePre, and installed 10.5.x drivers, and now I have sound! I'll probably get a $12 USB sound adapter instead of using this much more expensive and bulky audio recording box, but at least I know that I can get sound to work.

So, now I think I'm running at 100% on 10.6.3. Specs of my system are in my sig

The orange drive icon is just the OS recognizing that your SATA ports are hot swappable.
It's technically correct but you can use candybar or several other tricks to change it if it bothers you.

maxawesome said:
macshank said:
:) Hi Tony

Today I updated my iMac ;) to 10.6.3
Also I installed Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9

Everything works fine now
I have no issues at all

Mine's a vanilla system :lol:

I chose these components to assemble a PC so that it matches latest iMac 27"

Intel DP55WG MainBoard/ Intel Core i5-750 Processor
2 x2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333/ 2x 500GB SATA HDD/ 24X Optiarc DVD Writer
512 MB XFX nVidia 9800GT card/ 22" Dell S2209W Display

Damn, I knew I should have gone with the Intel board. ><

For Hack Pro, that is. I am in love with Gigabyte's Energy Saving app that comes on the drivers disk. Cut my power consumption to 1/3 using that (when running Win7, that is). Pretty sweet.

Hello,

Would some of the folks who have the UD4P working with an nvidia card post what they needed in multibeast etc to get their 10.6.3 working?

I would be appreciative.

Thank You.

Are we talking about orange icons on the desktop or in finder?

I have NO drive icons on my desktop at all?

Cheers

pederb said:
I have NO drive icons on my desktop at all?
Pederb,
Go to:
Finder | Preferences | General | Show these items on the Desktop:
There you can select to see the internal disks/external disks/CDs/Servers...

Installed 10.6.3...

viewforum.php?f=7

Everything works well except orange icons, and sound...

This is what I have selected:

Any suggestions on doing the sound as native as before (Legacy HDA plus DSDT edit?)

Thank You..

Attachments

• Configuration-4-7-10.tiff
    328.6 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back