Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
osxuser said:
Tony I have a problem.
After the upgrade to version 10.6.3 my sound is not working as it should.
Sound strange belches. you have any advice on this?
I use VoodooHDA. My system is 64 bit

If you post your specs, I'd be able to help better- there are also current audio solutions at the 10.6.3 Update post on my blog. VoodooHDA hasn't been an issue with the 10.6.3 update though- you should boot into 32-bit mode and see if it makes a difference. Good luck! :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Tony tell me what you write you could help me

osxuser said:
Tony tell me what you write you could help me

Well- the answer can change depending on your computer specs- please post your system components in your signature- under Control Panel. It's in the Menu Bar near the top of this page. ;)

If you're referring to how to enable 32-bit, type arch=i386 at the Chameleon prompt. Or add arch=i386 to your com.apple.boot.plist under Kernel Flags. Good luck!

Fresh install of 10.6.0, using BootCD method. Once 10.6.0 was up and running I then updated to 10.6.3 and used MultiBeast with the following settings:

Chameleon
Chamelion 2.0 RC4 by AsereBLN
Audio
VoodooHDA
Network
RealtekR1000SL
DSDT
DSDT -GA-P55A-UD3
Extras
64-Bit com.apple.boot.plist
iMac11,1 smbios.plist
tonymacx86 Theme
Standard Snow Leopard Kexts
fakesmc.kext
JMicronATA.kext
Utilities
ShowAllFiles
Kext Utility
Disk Utilities
Rebuild Caches
Repair Permissions

Bios settings are as recommended in BootCD tutorial.

Looking at my Extra's folder there seems to be a lot of extra things in there that MultiBeast did not install

10.6.3 Geekbench score is 7629, 10.6.0 score was 7964, both of these numbers seem low for the specs that I have.

Everything except sleep and wake from sleep is working (using a USB audio adaptor for sound).
Any ideas on getting sleep working would be appreciated.

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 153
Crucial said:
Bios settings are as recommended in BootCD tutorial.

Looking at my Extra's folder there seems to be a lot of extra things in there that MultiBeast did not install

You can go ahead and remove most of the kexts in your /Extra. I think you may have installed all of the Snow Leopard Kexts instead of just some. Or maybe you chose EasyBeast by mistake? All you need is fakesmc.kext really. The NullCPUPowerManagement kext prevents sleep. Good luck- and if you need to compare- check out the files in MY EFI in my signature. It's a good pack for any Gigabyte with nVidia and no graphics edits to the DSDT. You may or may not need NVenabler.

Good luck!

Tony,
Big thank you.
Sleep now works correctly with no USB problems.

Extras / Extensions is down to:
fakesmc.kext
JMicronATA.kext
LegacyHDA_ALC888B.kext

Geekbench is up to 8575 (up by over 900 points).

The one step backwards is that my boot drive is now orange, but that is not a big deal.

:) Hi Tony

Today I updated my iMac ;) to 10.6.3
Also I installed Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9

Everything works fine now
I have no issues at all

Mine's a vanilla system :lol:

I chose these components to assemble a PC so that it matches latest iMac 27"

Intel DP55WG MainBoard/ Intel Core i5-750 Processor
2 x2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333/ 2x 500GB SATA HDD/ 24X Optiarc DVD Writer
512 MB XFX nVidia 9800GT card/ 22" Dell S2209W Display

Attachments

• About Mac.tiff
    34.6 KB · Views: 261
I'm having all kinds of issues with this latest update (10.6.3). Any and all advice is much appreciated.

GA-P55A-UD3 F6
ASUS 9600 GSO 512MB
4GB G.Skill 1600
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card

Fresh install with boot DVD and Multibeast. Used Chameleon 2.0 RC4 AsereBLN 1.1.9, DSDT for this board from Tony, 64-bit plist, iMac 11,1 smbios and tonymacx86 theme. Kexts: (NVEnabler64, FakeSMC, JMicronATA, RealtekR1000SL. Not selecting any audio because I use the M-Audio card and drivers are available for that through Envy24osx86, didabled also through BIOS).
I combo update to 10.6.3 and this where everything goes wrong. No USB, Orange Icons, and NO graphics! (Been using 10.6.1 kexts for the graphics but they won't work now for some reason). Also, I have to boot in Safe-Mode or my system will just keep re-bootong itself.
After applying the fixes the icons did change back and the USB worked for a little while before locking up and freezing the system (3 times).

So that's where I'm at. Please give this guy some advice please. Also, will this 9600 GSO ever be able to play nice with this system or do I need a new card? If a new card is needed can I get some suggestions from you all?

Also, I'm pretty sure I have the BIOS on this GA-P55A-UD3 configured correctly but will people with working systems include BIOS setups as well just so I have something to reference?

Thanks again people, all advice will be helpful.

These are my specs once again

Core i5 750
GA-P55A-UD3 (F6)
4GB G.Skill 1600
ASUS 9600 GSO 512MB

macshank said:
:) Hi Tony

Today I updated my iMac ;) to 10.6.3
Also I installed Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9

Everything works fine now
I have no issues at all

Mine's a vanilla system :lol: