Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes!!!!!! My sound works! :D

This is what I did, for those of you still trying to get sound to work.

My specs:

1. asus gene ii rampage motherboard
2. i7 930 processor

1. So basically, Delete all traces of HDA, apple, voodoo, etc in your extras/extensions folder, and systems extensions folder.
2.Rebuild cache using Multi beast
3. Restart
4. Install the 10.6.2 applehda using the hda installer
5. Put vodoo kext into your extras, extensions folder and not your systems folder!

This worked for me, hope it all works for you too!

Hi everybody,
i tried the 10.6.3 update but with some issues
GA-H55-UD3H motherboard
after the update, i had the USB ports issue with no keyboard and no mouse,
i use the iousbfamilymod of tonymacx86 with success but with the mod, i had usb keyboard and mouse but i had no longer my usb devices (hdd,usb pen).
and the sleepenabler work fine with this mod.
But to have my usb device back, i delete the usb mod and install the 10.6.2 iousbfamily kext,
i have now my usb device back, but the sleep is an issue, can't wake up.
so i tried to make a dsdt usb ehci, uchi, dtgp fix but i fail, my original dsdt hasen't the EHCI et the UHCI in ,it is (USBE and USE2 for ehci i think and USB0 for the UHCI i think too)
can you help me to fix my dsdt to fix the usb issue with the 10.6.3 , as that, my sleep and wake up will be ok (i already have edit my dsdt to apply wak fix but it has no effect)

i attached the original dsdt file and my modified dsdt(with fixes wak,cmos,rtc,etc...), if you could help me to edit it and apply the uhci and ehci fix

because i think the fix ehci uhci that i applied is not applied as it should be.

thank you for your help

Attachments

• dsdtoriginal.dsl
    166.1 KB · Views: 148
  • dsdtwithehciuhci.dsl
    167 KB · Views: 138
try this

Attachments

• dsdtoriginal.dsl
    170.9 KB · Views: 161
  • dsdtoriginal.aml
    16.5 KB · Views: 125
I tried updating but had issues with video from my GTS250. Originally had problems with .2 but solved with old kexts from .1 and adding PCIRootUID=1 to my boot flags. With .3 that didn't work at all. the only way I could get video was to boot with PCIRootUID=0 and then I would only have the 1024x680 or whatever the basic video res is (can't remember exact res). I went back to .2 for now but would like to update eventually.

Ok I have a 99% fully functional system now. The remaining 1% is the Sleep/USB issue whereby upon waking from Sleep mode, select USB devices no longer function (my keyboard does, my mouse does not, for example).

I think replacing the IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.6.2 will fix the issue, but I'm confused by the wording on the Blog. Tony can you help?

USB Wake from Sleep
If waking from sleep with current DSDT edits and 10.6.3 IOUSBFamily.kext, you will have to re-plug any devices that require power. There is no official fix besides rolling back to 10.6.2 for now. We're working on new DSDT edits that will solve this issue.

When this says "rolling back to 10.6.2" does it refer to rolling the entire system back? Or just the kext, as indicated here:

Non-Vanilla USB Solution - For Non-DSDT Users with No USB
The less vanilla approach is to put back the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext. It's 100% same support as in 10.6.2. I've slapped together an installer.

Download the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext Installer

Thanks again!

Love,
Max

I also updated to 10.6.3. From looking at the spreadsheet no one has a setup like mine. I still haven't found a fix for the F8 BIOS and the F8 DSDT not working. I tried the F8 DSDT after the 10.6.3 update and I still get a kernel panic. If I keep the F7 DSDT everything works OK.

After the 10.6.3 update my sound (889a) and USB devices work fine when I initially boot my computer. If I shutdown my computer before it goes into sleep mode it will shutdown properly. I have a wired mouse and keyboard.

The problems arise after my computer goes into sleep mode. When I bring it out of sleep mode my keyboard doesn't work. The mouse works fine. Also, my computer will not go back into sleep mode. It shuts down as if it is going into sleep mode and then comes right back on. When I shut down my computer at this point it goes into a mode where it isn't off and I can't get it to come back on with either a mouse or keystroke. I have to hold the power until is completely shuts down. I unchecked the Allow power button to put computer to sleep and that didn't make any difference.

MTGhost said:
I also updated to 10.6.3. From looking at the spreadsheet no one has a setup like mine. I still haven't found a fix for the F8 BIOS and the F8 DSDT not working. I tried the F8 DSDT after the 10.6.3 update and I still get a kernel panic. If I keep the F7 DSDT everything works OK.

After the 10.6.3 update my sound (889a) and USB devices work fine when I initially boot my computer. If I shutdown my computer before it goes into sleep mode it will shutdown properly. I have a wired mouse and keyboard.

The problems arise after my computer goes into sleep mode. When I bring it out of sleep mode my keyboard doesn't work. The mouse works fine. Also, my computer will not go back into sleep mode. It shuts down as if it is going into sleep mode and then comes right back on. When I shut down my computer at this point it goes into a mode where it isn't off and I can't get it to come back on with either a mouse or keystroke. I have to hold the power until is completely shuts down. I unchecked the Allow power button to put computer to sleep and that didn't make any difference.

I'll check out the F8 DSDT- should be ok though.

As far as USB goes, roll back to the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily as stated in the blog post, and you should have no such errors. Good luck!
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/03/ ... pdate.html

For now the best solution for me is to configure the dsdt to have just two EHC ports
just like fatsenanigen said (as in iMac's 11,1)
the only problem is that it can't mount USB 1.0 devices which I "solved" by hooking them to the hub in my Dell LCD (this is why iMac's ehc ports can mount USB 1.0 ports - they use a HUB). other USB 2.0 work's just fine no matter where they are plugged, they are appearing under one of the EHC ports.
there is a discussion about the subject in applelife.ru forum which have couple of suggestions for dsdt edits that may solve this but I haven't succeeded so far.
I believe (or hope) that Gigabyte will address this issue in future bios
(as they did with audio and rtc in latest bios releases)

Tony I have a problem.
After the upgrade to version 10.6.3 my sound is not working as it should.
Sound strange belches. you have any advice on this?
I use VoodooHDA. My system is 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back