Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do i need LEGACYHDA in /E/E if i try VOODOOHDA ?
Where is this new version ?

By the way. Multibeast didn't allow me to install HDAEnabler 889. Came up with an error before rebuilding cache & repairing permissions.

Had to do it myself with KEXT HELPER & then used MULTIBEAST to rebuild cache and repair permissions

Musicalchairs said:

By the way. Multibeast didn't allow me to install HDAEnabler 889. Came up with an error before rebuilding cache & repairing permissions.

Had to do it myself with KEXT HELPER & then used MULTIBEAST to rebuild cache and repair permissions

Ah- that bug is solved in the new one. You won't need LegacyHDA or HDAEnabler if you use VoodooHDA. Here's the VoodooHDA post for a version that's currently being developed. The link is near the bottom of the post- and you'll need to translate the page to make heads or tails out of it. ;)
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=483

Haven't had a chance to test- but it looks really decent- possibly will be changing the name as well. Here's a post of a user here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=915&hilit=voodoohda

Hi Everyone. First off here are my specs

motherborad asus gene II
process i7 930
Video Card nvidia 250 GTS

I upgraded to 10.6.3 , and everything is working except for my sound. The sound was working before I upgraded. For my specific board, the only one that works is the voodoo text that I found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=201758

I tried downloading the new voodoo that was on this thread (a few posts above me that tony mentioned), but it caused my system to crash at startup. I had to restart in safemode, and delete the kext.

I tried using the 10.6.2 hda installer that only provided, but after installation I still have no sound.

Has anyone else had any luck to get there sound working? I also tried all other methods, legacy, and whatever else was on tonys blog, but they didn't seem to work. I use this machine for video editing, so I need sound. I'm thinking about downgrading back to 10.6.2.

Is there anyway to downgrade without having to use time machine (I didn't use it to backup my hd)... Yes I know, big mistake.

I'm really looking to stay on the newest update thought. Let me know if anyone has figured out how to make sound work on the 10.6.3 with my board.

Thanks guys!

tonymacx86 said:
Musicalchairs said:

Ah- that bug is solved in the new one. You won't need LegacyHDA or HDAEnabler if you use VoodooHDA. Here's the VoodooHDA post for a version that's currently being developed. The link is near the bottom of the post- and you'll need to translate the page to make heads or tails out of it. ;)
http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=483

Haven't had a chance to test- but it looks really decent- possibly will be changing the name as well. Here's a post of a user here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=915&hilit=voodoohda

Tested that VOODOOHDA + PREF PANE and it crashed my system.
Wouldnt allow me to boot back into OSX.
Didn't think to start in SAFEMODE and delete the kext & pref pane that came with it.

Glad I didnt though, cause I just got back after reinstalling and updating my system to 10.6.2.

Everything works the way it should (Vanilla), except for sound which is using LEGACYHDA in /E/E & HDAENABLER in /S/L/E.

As Vanilla as I can be with a working DSDT

If I update to 10.6.3 while on a P55A-UD6 with DSDT (DSDT includes EDITS FOR 10.6.2)

- I will have to revert back to 10.6.2 APPLEHDA to keep sound working.
- Fix SATA showing as EXTERNAL when they are INTERNAL by placing IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in /E/E
- Hang out for DSDT edits/A Fix for LOSS OF POWER TO USB after WAKE FROM SLEEP

Good job so far Tony and Forum, if it wasn't for all of you I wouldnt have been able to REINSTALL and get back to the HAPPY PLACE I find myself now as a devoted 10.6.2 OSX user :)

found this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 83101.html detailing a change in an Info.plist in IOAHCIFamily.kext which prevents internal SATA hard drives from showing as external. although its not a 'vanilla' solution like IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector as involves editing an Apple kext.

the plist is attached below and belongs in /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/

Attachments

• Info.plist
    2.1 KB · Views: 245
...Personally, I have 4 installs personally lol, mostly for more testing. :)

Fantastic simple idea! I'm going to create a test install for upgrades right now!

wtfduck said:

motherborad asus gene II
process i7 930

I upgraded to 10.6.3 , and everything is working except for my sound. The sound was working before I upgraded. For my specific board, the only one that works is the voodoo text that I found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=201758

I tried downloading the new voodoo that was on this thread (a few posts above me that tony mentioned), but it caused my system to crash at startup. I had to restart in safemode, and delete the kext.

I tried using the 10.6.2 hda installer that only provided, but after installation I still have no sound.

Has anyone else had any luck to get there sound working? I also tried all other methods, legacy, and whatever else was on tonys blog, but they didn't seem to work. I use this machine for video editing, so I need sound. I'm thinking about downgrading back to 10.6.2.

Is there anyway to downgrade without having to use time machine (I didn't use it to backup my hd)... Yes I know, big mistake.

I'm really looking to stay on the newest update thought. Let me know if anyone has figured out how to make sound work on the 10.6.3 with my board.

Thanks guys!

did you try the voodoo kext on multibeast?

I didn't have to change any audio kexts when i went from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3.. i used the one from multibeast.

beelzebozo said:
wtfduck said:

motherborad asus gene II
process i7 930

Thanks guys!

did you try the voodoo kext on multibeast?

I didn't have to change any audio kexts when i went from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3.. i used the one from multibeast.

Yes i tried that, didn't work.

Which USB Fix to use....

When people refer to Tony's USB Fix for cases where a USB Keyboard is not recognized after waking from sleep, which one are you referring to?

The Vanilla one or the nonVanillla one?

Since both reference the lack of existence of a DSDT (and I'm using Tony's), I'm not sure which one is apropos.

In my case the non-vanilla USB fix corrects the wake from sleep issue.

VoodooHDA.kext in /E/E works for audio (MultiBeast installs it in /S/L/E which doesn't work for me). Under 10.6.2 I was using LegacyHDA.kext in /E/E from Multibeast which I have now removed.

I uploaded my /Extra a little earlier in this thread if you want to see what I'm running with.

My DSDT is the one from the database.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back