1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok- I've hijacked this thread, and made it my own :p

file.php

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/03/ ... pdate.html

I've made a blog post, which will be updated as we find solutions for anything that is out of balance after the 10.6.3 update.

If you're not interested in testing DO NOT APPLY THE UPDATE YET!

After applying the update, it seems that everything is relatively ok, but there are going to be some workarounds needed to be fully functional again. Not to worry- we're all testing now. ;)

All the current information and solutions will be listed on the bottom of the blog post. Good luck, and report anything that may be of use. I've put together a few installers that will help put back 10.6.2 kexts in emergency situations- this is not recommended, as it will make your system less vanilla. But a good temporary fix.

10.6.3 First Hand Results
If you're in the mood to test- and on 10.6.3, why not fill out your specs in this Google Spreadsheet- where you can add your system and results. And if you're looking for confirmation, this may end up being a good place to find it! Thanks IceBear!

:mrgreen: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... iUWc&hl=en :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 10.6.3 released

Does this mean Tony will be rolling out the new multibeast + instructions?

I actually got impatient and went ahead and installed it. Everything seems to be working perfectly except all my internal hard drives are now showing up orange as if they are external drives. I haven't run into any other issues.

@PhotoADK:

Could you list the kexts included in your Extra folder & Hardware?

Thanks!

I'm a assclown. I installed the update and now my machine won't boot. Errors on the NV Enabler, I think. I tried to boot from my backup and it doesn't work.

Can you all please provide some help? I would gladly appreciate it.

Herb

My drives are orange now too, but other then that everything seems to be working fine.

donots06 said:
My drives are orange now too, but other then that everything seems to be working fine.
For now(until there's a new sata patch if it's possible) you can use this kext. It's legacy kext without binaries and should tell the os that your sata controllers are internal.

Attachments

• LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 150

I strongly advise everyone not to try installing the update without having a full backup you can boot to and restore from.

That should be something we all have anyway.

Otherwise some folks are going to be reinstalling 10.6.2....

If you want to test it on your system set up a full image of your boot drive, boot into it and apply the update. If everything works you can boot back into your main OS and apply it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back