Discussion in 'OS X Updates' started by tonymacx86, Mar 29, 2010.
I have the exact same problem as Max and I will try your fix
Trying this now. If I can't get it working with VoodooHDA I will try LegacyHDA and/or combo of LegacyHDA + HDAEnabler as was suggested in another thread.
Fortunately I have a fully-working 10.6.2 install (on my crappy little 5400rpm laptop hard drive) that I can use as my base of operations for getting this working on my faster, larger drive.
Still not working. I did exactly this:
1. Delete all traces of VoodooHDA, AppleHDA, LegacyHDA, HDAEnabler from /S/L/E and /E/E
2. Rebuild caches/re-permission w/ MultiBeast
3. Run 10.6.3 update
4. Install VoodooHDA to /S/L/E (keeping in mind that the 10.6.3 update re-installed AppleHDA to /S/L/E --> I left it there, should I have removed it again?)
5. Copy VoodooHDA to /E/E
6. Rebuild caches/re-permission w/ MultiBeast
Still no sound. I am rebuilding caches once again. I will then try just installing the LegacyHDA. If that doesn't work I will also install the HDAEnabler.
With all these little tweaks, I'm almost feeling like just reverting to 10.6.2 is a better idea until we have a mechanized, 100% working solution (at least for the Gigabyte boards). I kinda don't like the idea relying on my memory or a sea of forum posts to untangle this should I have to go through the process again.
I will post again after trying the above.
Well, again no dice. Installing the HDAEnabler failed, and the LegacyHDA by itself didn't work.
I'm going to run through the 10.6.3 install again using the newer version of VoodooHDA and see what comes of that. Will post again on completion with results.
Try posting the output of sudo dmesg here.
yes!!!!!! My sound works!
This is what I did, for those of you still trying to get sound to work.
1. asus gene ii rampage motherboard
2. i7 930 processor
1. So basically, Delete all traces of HDA, apple, voodoo, etc in your extras/extensions folder, and systems extensions folder.
2.Rebuild cache using Multi beast
4. Install the 10.6.2 applehda using the hda installer
5. Put vodoo kext into your extras, extensions folder and not your systems folder!
This worked for me, hope it all works for you too!
i tried the 10.6.3 update but with some issues
after the update, i had the USB ports issue with no keyboard and no mouse,
i use the iousbfamilymod of tonymacx86 with success but with the mod, i had usb keyboard and mouse but i had no longer my usb devices (hdd,usb pen).
and the sleepenabler work fine with this mod.
But to have my usb device back, i delete the usb mod and install the 10.6.2 iousbfamily kext,
i have now my usb device back, but the sleep is an issue, can't wake up.
so i tried to make a dsdt usb ehci, uchi, dtgp fix but i fail, my original dsdt hasen't the EHCI et the UHCI in ,it is (USBE and USE2 for ehci i think and USB0 for the UHCI i think too)
can you help me to fix my dsdt to fix the usb issue with the 10.6.3 , as that, my sleep and wake up will be ok (i already have edit my dsdt to apply wak fix but it has no effect)
i attached the original dsdt file and my modified dsdt(with fixes wak,cmos,rtc,etc...), if you could help me to edit it and apply the uhci and ehci fix
because i think the fix ehci uhci that i applied is not applied as it should be.
thank you for your help
I tried updating but had issues with video from my GTS250. Originally had problems with .2 but solved with old kexts from .1 and adding PCIRootUID=1 to my boot flags. With .3 that didn't work at all. the only way I could get video was to boot with PCIRootUID=0 and then I would only have the 1024x680 or whatever the basic video res is (can't remember exact res). I went back to .2 for now but would like to update eventually.
Ok I have a 99% fully functional system now. The remaining 1% is the Sleep/USB issue whereby upon waking from Sleep mode, select USB devices no longer function (my keyboard does, my mouse does not, for example).
I think replacing the IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.6.2 will fix the issue, but I'm confused by the wording on the Blog. Tony can you help?
When this says "rolling back to 10.6.2" does it refer to rolling the entire system back? Or just the kext, as indicated here:
Separate names with a comma.