Mac OS Sierra on ASUS Zenbook Flip UX360UAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS UX360UAK (Clover)
CPU
Core i7-7500U/U3E1
Graphics
Intel HD 620, 3200x1800 276dpi (HighDPI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can anyone provide pointers on installing macOS 12.6? I partially succeeded in installing it along with Windows 10 on clover with basic problems like display scaling issues, inability to install kexts via kext wizard, multiple KPs and such. Any help would be appreciated.

I have problems mainly with the Intel HD 620 graphics of i7 7500U, and the 3200x1800 276dpi display.

Can anyone provide pointers on installing macOS 12.6? I partially succeeded in installing it along with Windows 10 on clover with basic problems like display scaling issues, inability to install kexts via kext wizard, multiple KPs and such. Any help would be appreciated.

I have problems mainly with the Intel HD 620 graphics of i7 7500U, and the 3200x1800 276dpi display.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

What profile info am I missing?

I followed that guide you provided exactly, using the Intel HD 620 spoofed config.plist for Kaby Lake. The phase one of installation was a breeze.

After rebooting to Clover, I selected the new Boot macOS from (volume) option, that booted successfully but instead of phase two, it said "Unable to unmount for repair". I tried rebooting again, but now instead of that error, it gave the option to "Upgrade or Reinstall macOS".

I remember this error when I installed it the previous time but I think I added a boot argument specifying the volume or used someones config.plist, don't remember.

I don't know what I could attach as Problem Reporting since it booted successfully, but didn't go as far as mac desktop screen.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 346
I did a little digging and it might just be caused by using createinstallmedia method. Should I try it with base binaries clone method?
Can anyone confirm?

After rebooting to Clover, I selected the new Boot macOS from (volume) option, that booted successfully but instead of phase two, it said "Unable to unmount for repair". I tried rebooting again, but now instead of that error, it gave the option to "Upgrade or Reinstall macOS".

You need to repartition your drive such that macOS install target is the first one on the disk.

I got it working by creating the USB drive using base binaries method.
Now, after first boot, everything was looking up with graphics recognised as 1536mb but qe/ci was missing.

But after installing Clover via Multibeast selecting Intel HD 6xx, I cannot boot into macOS from clover installed in both HardDisk as well as the USB Installer.
It stops after the first hibernate wake=no +++++++ thing.
If I use the usb, it stops at the attached image.

Attachments

• 20170824_195158.jpg
    20170824_195158.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 261
I got it working by creating the USB drive using base binaries method.
Now, after first boot, everything was looking up with graphics recognised as 1536mb but qe/ci was missing.

But after installing Clover via Multibeast selecting Intel HD 6xx, I cannot boot into macOS from clover installed in both HardDisk as well as the USB Installer.
It stops after the first hibernate wake=no +++++++ thing.
If I use the usb, it stops at the attached image.

Multibeast not useful for laptops.
See laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

In your post, you say,

7. Restart and again boot to your USB as you did in step 1 and step 4.

8. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility in step 3.

9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop.

The problem is, I can't boot into macOS from USB after completing installation and restarting it. So I'll have only one go at it before I have to reinstall it to try again.
Shouldn't the installed version boot from USB Clover?

And, is the config.plist same for installing Clover to HardDisk as the one used to create the USB i.e, the one from github repo?

I will attach it again.
This happens. This is the same clover on usb that installed the macOS in the first place.

Attachments

• 20170824_195158.jpg
    20170824_195158.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back