Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
CPU
Intel i7 4.0 Ghz 6700k
Graphics
Asus Geforce GTX 950
Hello all, I am new to the world of Hackintosh (and new to this community too :)) and just got my PC built and installed both Windows 10 and Mac OS Sierra using Unibeast and Multibeast. Installation was successful however I have below issues. I am using 4k monitor from Dell (P2715q).

Initially used HDMI cable but switched over to Display port as the HDMI cable which I used did not support 4k resolution at 60hz in Windows. It worked perfect when I switched over to Display port. However, got new issues with Mac OS Sierra.

1. Display Port doesn't work. Screen goes black after the initial Apple logo. (Note that it worked with the HDMI).
2. Even with HDMI, the max resolution I get is 1080p. How do I make it work for 4k resolution?
3. Even with HDMI, the display gave some black lines at the top left corner of the screen. (I saw a separate thread exists for this issue. Hope that may solve it.)

Please assist me with the Display port and the 4k resolution.

For HDMI, use the pixel clock patch

I was able to fix the top left corner glitch. It is good now.

However, I am still left with the issue of display port and using 4k resolution. I did run the patch and it did not work.
Any solution there?

I got NVIDIA graphics card (Geforce GTX 950) hoping that this may solve the graphics issue. Applied the fix for the Nvidia web driver and installed the beta driver from Nvidia. However, now it just get the black screen after the Apple logo with both DP and HDMI.

For HDMI, use the pixel clock patch
How do I go about running this?
Specifics please. My first Hack a Mac and it went well except for this flicker and lack of output to 4k. Starts to load in 4k and reverts to 1080 with the flicker in the top left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back