i5-2400
Graphics
intel HD 2000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys. :)

I have purchased a HP elite 6200 Pro with an i5-2400 and have tried everything to get Mac OS on it, I tried Sierra, I tried El Capitan, I even tried snow leopard and mavericks, it just didn't seem to work!

It always stopped before it got to the installer. Is my hardware incompatible?

I'm just really confused as to why it isn't working :(

Please help me

Thanks so much

Paavan

Hi guys. :)

I have purchased a HP elite 6200 Pro with an i5-2400 and have tried everything to get Mac OS on it, I tried Sierra, I tried El Capitan, I even tried snow leopard and mavericks, it just didn't seem to work!

It always stopped before it got to the installer. Is my hardware incompatible?

I'm just really confused as to why it isn't working :(

Please help me

Thanks so much

Paavan

Check which version of BIOS/UEFI it has. If it is a few years old you may need to flash it to the newest version.

There are versions that go all the way back to 2011 so they would still have legacy BIOS, not UEFI.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-6200-pro-small-form-factor-pc/5037900

The newest is from May 2016 is 02.29 which you can download and install from the Windows desktop.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't show an option for windows 10 so should I downgrade to windows 7?
Thanks so much for the quick reply though!!

Actually, ill just try using the 2016 version like you said and see what happens:)

I updated it, it just doesn't look different?

I tried installing again on the updated bios but it doesn't do anything, it is just stuck at the apple logo, and then it restarts back into clover.

@Paavan, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

It stops here on the second screen with a dash on the top left:(

Attachments

• IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 362
  • IMG_3239.JPG
    IMG_3239.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Sorry HAHA I'm an idiot xD. I stand corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.