Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus H110
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GT710
My PC is an ASUS pro machine and I have installed Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 with clover v5033. It runs flawlessly. However today I tried installing Intel Power Gadget 3.6 and my system freezed during installation. So I force-restarted my PC but soon I discovered that my system freezes as soon as I enter my password and display the desktop. I tried finding and removing Gadget in recovery but there is no record about it. Is that mean I have to reinstall Mac OS?

CPU:I7-7700
Motherboard: I don't know the detailed model. But it is a H110 miterboard.
Graphic Card:nvidia GT710
kext: No kexts

Last edited:
Have you a Timemachine backup? If so, use your USB recovery stick and go back a day.

If not, boot into single-user mode, and nix everything that looks recent in (at least):
a) EFI/EFI/CLOVER/etc...
b) /Library/Extensions
c) /Library/LaunchDaemons
d) /Library/LaunchAgents
e) /Library/StartupItems/
f) /Library/PreferencePanes/
g) /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

+ h-p) ~/Library/{all of the above}

And try not to break anything important whilst doing so. Good luck!

(I take a slightly flamethrower attitude to fixing problems - I also have backups)

Just remove /Library/Extensions/EnergyDriver.kext will solve your problem.
Then, roll back to Intel Power Gadget 3.5.5 will work.

Thanks for both of you! I removed the EnergyDriver.kext and this problem solved.

This is an old post. But it solved my problem and I am grateful.

Have you a Timemachine backup? If so, use your USB recovery stick and go back a day.

If not, boot into single-user mode, and nix everything that looks recent in (at least):
a) EFI/EFI/CLOVER/etc...
b) /Library/Extensions
c) /Library/LaunchDaemons
d) /Library/LaunchAgents
e) /Library/StartupItems/
f) /Library/PreferencePanes/
g) /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

+ h-p) ~/Library/{all of the above}

And try not to break anything important whilst doing so. Good luck!

(I take a slightly flamethrower attitude to fixing problems - I also have backups)
Hi! I'm a beginner at this. How does one "nix" stuff in single user mode? Thanks!

Thanks for both of you! I removed the EnergyDriver.kext and this problem solved.
Did you do this from the single user mode? I have the same issue but don't know what commands to type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back