Contribute
Register

Mac OS El Capitan on ASUS ROG GL702VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do boot it and the screenshots are a result of that.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Is there a way to change the resolution of the video through config.plist? I know my graphics card is not supported, but I'm having a problem running Logic Pro X as a result of the graphics card resolution. The playhead will not automatically update position letting me know what part of audio is running. The people on the logic forums say it's because the resolution is wrong.

Your problems with the graphics card extend way beyond resolution issues.
Don't expect much to work with an unsupported graphics card...
(but I thought you couldn't boot?)
Your laptop, if it has no Intel graphics, is really not a good candidate for hackintosh. Not at all.
If you can turn on Intel graphics, then there are possibilities with that.
But a laptop with only Nvidia 1000-series graphics is a very poor choice, except if you want to run Linux or Windows.

I am running El Capitan, but I'm trying to upgrade to Sierra. That is what is not booting. In hind sight you are right this laptop graphics is not a wise choice for Mac, but I didn't buy it with the intention of booting Mac. That came to me as a way after thought as I was having trouble running Pro Tools 12 on this laptop in windows environment. Was having big issues with third party audio card. I remembered that is why I initially switched to Mac several years ago, but needed to switch back due to need for using CAD/CAM manufacturing for my job. I couldn't justify owning both a Mac and windows gaming laptop because of cost. So I was just trying to have the best of both worlds. I don't have any problems running Logic Pro 9 on this Mac, I'm just having problems running Logic Pro X as I just recently within the last couple of days purchased it. Now it seems my purchase was not well spent. I may just have to find an old MacBook Pro or Mac mini that will run it and be done with it.

I am running El Capitan, but I'm trying to upgrade to Sierra. That is what is not booting.

No "Problem Reporting" files provided.

I may just have to find an old MacBook Pro or Mac mini that will run it and be done with it.

Good idea.

Am I missing something? I would think that if I could get the El'Capitan installer working on my system, that creating the sierra installer would be the same. Is there that big of a difference in the two?

OK so I have finally got Sierra installed on my laptop. As per what I thought there are some things that do not work. The main one being video as it is hey Envidia GTX 1060. I know they do not currently have a working driver for Mac for this video card. My question to you is there a way of baking the system into thinking there is a supported video card installed? Something like in this following article. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/enable-full-graphics-card-acceleration.html?m=1

OK so I have finally got Sierra installed on my laptop. As per what I thought there are some things that do not work. The main one being video as it is hey Envidia GTX 1060. I know they do not currently have a working driver for Mac for this video card. My question to you is there a way of baking the system into thinking there is a supported video card installed? Something like in this following article. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/enable-full-graphics-card-acceleration.html?m=1

Nvidia 1000-series (Pascal) not supported. No drivers.

Note: Nvidia has now planned to release drivers:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-announces-pascal-graphics-drivers-coming-to-macos.218790/

Last edited:
Ok, quick update. I have full graphics acceleration with my GTX-1060 GPU. I installed the latest Nvidia Driver for Sierra and changed my SMBios setting to 13,2 and rebooted and everything with video is working now. The HDMI port is also working so now I can use my external monitor.

Ok, quick update. I have full graphics acceleration with my GTX-1060 GPU. I installed the latest Nvidia Driver for Sierra and changed my SMBios setting to 13,2 and rebooted and everything with video is working now. The HDMI port is also working so now I can use my external monitor.

Can you write some small step-by-step guide for your laptop? I have the same laptop but 15", gl502vm. Thanks.

I'm having a problem getting my onboard audio to work. Would you please explain to me how to get this working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back