Contribute
Register

Mac OS Catalina via Clover - Will not install - GV Wake-failure, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. Yeah I was going to use MultiBeast... haven't had time to run it yet. I'm using a Gigabyte RX5700 Gaming. Right now it's not working so I'm just using the integrated graphics. If I have the RX5700 plugged in on launch the loading bar on the apple logo gets about half way and then the screen goes black. If I unplug it and only use integrated then it boots fine.

If you could share your MultiBeast settings that would be great!

So far, this is what I've got. I think some of these options are not useful for my config, but everything is working and when I try to narrow it down to which options I don't need, the system becomes unstable. I will eventually dig into it, but I've spent enough time to get the stable build. So for now, these are the options I am using for MB

Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
Drivers > Misc > VirtualSMC
Drivers > Misc > VirtualSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > HWMonitorSMC2 HWMonitor Application Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0 Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0
Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit
Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 19,1
Customize > SSDT Options > Z390 Series NVRAM Support
Customize > Graphics > Intel HD 630 (Coffee Lake)
Customize > Graphics > Inject ATI

I suspect the Inject ATI is only for older cards. The USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support also doesn't look like its necessary, but I've had problems upon waking when some of the USB devices no longer work. So what I did was choose all the options.

The SATA drivers are needed because I have a number of SATA drives in my rig. If you don't have these then you probably don't need them.

For Clover Configurator, I basically followed timsnart's guide:

But his build was with an older version of Multibeast (Mojave) and with the new Multibeast there are some redundancies in the kexts. This is what I figured out from his guide to apply:

1. Acpi > change EHC1 to EH01
  2. Acpi > change EHC2 to EH02
  3. Acpi > change GFX0 to IGPU
  4. Acpi > change PEGP to GFX0
  5. Acpi > change HECI to IMEI
  6. Acpi > check FixIPIC
  7. Acpi > check FixShutdown
  8. Acpi > check FixHPET
  9. Boot > dart=0
  10. Boot > slide=0
  11. Boot > -disablegfxfirmware

Let me know if those work for you. I will try to find time to write a detailed guide.

Ted

Gotcha. Yeah I was going to use MultiBeast... haven't had time to run it yet. I'm using a Gigabyte RX5700 Gaming. Right now it's not working so I'm just using the integrated graphics. If I have the RX5700 plugged in on launch the loading bar on the apple logo gets about half way and then the screen goes black. If I unplug it and only use integrated then it boots fine.

If you could share your MultiBeast settings that would be great!

Attachments

• Screenshot MB - working.png
    Screenshot MB - working.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 103
Thanks again Ted! Very helpful. I'll dig into this later today.

I was actually looking at Tim's thread earlier. It's nice to hear you and others have success with this hardware.

Hey Ted,

I finished the install with your MultiBoot and Clover Configurator settings. Everything was working great and then I switched from using HDMI on the graphics card to the display port. I can’t get it to boot with that for some reason. The loading bar with the Apple logo gets about 2/3 of the way and then the screen goes black. It boots just fine with HDMI. Did you run into this at all with yours? I’m guessing not, since you have a different card.

I just wanted to say thanks again! You’ve been a tremendously big help.

My video card works with both DP and HDMI.

I found this thread on the RX5700. It looks like early betas of Catalina had a problem with WhateverGreen and the RX5700.

I didn't read through the entire thread, but it might be worth a shot! It would be worth seeing if they eventually resolved it and if it worked with later versions of Catalina.

Hey Ted,

I finished the install with your MultiBoot and Clover Configurator settings. Everything was working great and then I switched from using HDMI on the graphics card to the display port. I can’t get it to boot with that for some reason. The loading bar with the Apple logo gets about 2/3 of the way and then the screen goes black. It boots just fine with HDMI. Did you run into this at all with yours? I’m guessing not, since you have a different card.

I just wanted to say thanks again! You’ve been a tremendously big help.

Thanks Ted. Still tinkering around with things from that thread, but nothing yet.

EDIT: For the hell of it, I just tried booting with the 3rd display port (furthest from the HDMI port) and it worked! No idea why. So I guess the question now is, why aren't the other 2 display ports working?

I posted a thread here, we'll see if I can get this figured out. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-fine-with-hdmi-but-not-display-port.297226/

Last edited:
Hopefully, you won't need more than 2 monitors! Stuff like that will drive you crazy. Although, come to think of it, on my video card, I haven't tested all the DP ports yet....hmmm....

Thanks Ted. Still tinkering around with things from that thread, but nothing yet.

EDIT: For the hell of it, I just tried booting with the 3rd display port (furthest from the HDMI port) and it worked! No idea why. So I guess the question now is, why aren't the other 2 display ports working?

I posted a thread here, we'll see if I can get this figured out. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-fine-with-hdmi-but-not-display-port.297226/

I posted a guide for my build:

Thanks Ted!

I’ll read through that guide tonight and post some of my findings. Luckily I don’t need 2 screens

Hi GertyMcGee

Well I just went through a lot of hassle to get the system running stable. I kept getting intermittent boot problems upon restart. It turns out yo be a common problem with iGPU not being recognized properly. The solution is to either disable the iGPU (which turns off Sidecar and other applications like FCPX or Premiere that uses the iGPU for tasks), or to patch the framebuffer.

I think I got it now. During the process, I figured out the minimal multibeast and clover config settings. I’m going to update my guide. But let me know if you’re having problems. Specifically upon reboot, sometimes you will encounter the prohibited sign a split second after the apple logo appears.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back