Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770
Graphics
MSI Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB + Intel HD 4000
Hi all,

I recently bought the HP Omen 17 cb-cb0011nv laptop and I want to install Mac OS X Catalina on it. These are the full specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 9750H
Chipset: Intel® HM370
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2.666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

Now I know that my graphics card (to begin with) is not supported, not even by the NVIDIA Web Drivers, however I assume that I can try to install and then use the Intel UHD 630 graphics from the i7-9750h. However when I run CPU-Z on Windows it does not detect a second graphics card apart from the NVIDIA. Also the Catalina USB installer I created hangs on boot when the progress bar reaches 100%. Is it possbile that HP has disabled completely the Intel graphics? If so, there is no way I can get graphics acceleration on any mac version on this laptop? My previous laptop was an acer travelmate with both nvidia and intel graphics and although nvidia gpu was not supported I had full acceleration from intel graphics by id injection.

I got the exact same model (cb0011nv) and ran into the same problem. I just finished replacing the disk drives, don't be fooled by the manual, there is only one M2 connector in this model (was hoping for 2). Anyway, I changed the 256GB M2 with a 512GB one, and the 1T HDD with an old SAMSUNG EVO 512GB SSD. Also the OEM version of Acronis could not clone Windows in the M2 disk to the SSD, while Samsung migration Tool did correctly.

Hi all,

I recently bought the HP Omen 17 cb-cb0011nv laptop and I want to install Mac OS X Catalina on it. These are the full specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 9750H
Chipset: Intel® HM370
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2.666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

Now I know that my graphics card (to begin with) is not supported, not even by the NVIDIA Web Drivers, however I assume that I can try to install and then use the Intel UHD 630 graphics from the i7-9750h. However when I run CPU-Z on Windows it does not detect a second graphics card apart from the NVIDIA. Also the Catalina USB installer I created hangs on boot when the progress bar reaches 100%. Is it possbile that HP has disabled completely the Intel graphics? If so, there is no way I can get graphics acceleration on any mac version on this laptop? My previous laptop was an acer travelmate with both nvidia and intel graphics and although nvidia gpu was not supported I had full acceleration from intel graphics by id injection.
check under windows device manager to see if Intel Graphics is present

if so, then you can install Catalina

Only the NVIDIA is in the Device Manager :(
that's harsh, unless you can change anything in your BIOS to only have intel graphics, or mod your BIOS?

otherwise you could try High Sierra and use Nvidia Web Drivers

Changing something in the BIOS to restore functionality of Intel graphics could be a solution... if there is any modded bios for this purpose...

High Sierra and Nvidia Web Drivers is not an option, unfortunately, because it's a GTX 1660 TI which is not supported by NVIDIA Web drivers....

Changing something in the BIOS to restore functionality of Intel graphics could be a solution... if there is any modded bios for this purpose...

High Sierra and Nvidia Web Drivers is not an option, unfortunately, because it's a GTX 1660 TI which is not supported by NVIDIA Web drivers....
you may want to take a look at bios-mods.com

There doesn't seem to be any solution on this , also it's not only a matter of "BIOS" but also the hardware has to support switchable graphics... any other idea apart from modded bios ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back