Contribute
Register

Mac Monterey suddenly stopped booting (USB issue?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth your Clover EFI had a USBPorts.kext that was created for iMac18,3 system-definition whereas you were using iMac17,1. So basically it was being ignored as it didn't match.

For the later OpenCore EFI I understand you've changed to iMac19,1 and a USBMap.kext - which does at least match. :thumbup:

For the OpenCore EFI I would change the ScanPolicy from "17760515" to a simple "0". Then all your other drives should show up fine.

:)

P.S - I can explain more about ScanPolicy later if needed...

This is what I see with your OpenCore config:
- not able to get any graphics :( - any suggestions/ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your message, actually haven’t made any changes at all to your one, exactly as provided! - Should I make any changes to get a graphical interface?

This is what I see with your OpenCore config:
- not able to get any graphics :( - any suggestions/ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your message, actually haven’t made any changes at all to your one, exactly as provided! - Should I make any changes to get a graphical interface?

How very strange!

Wanna try using the on board GPU instead of the 580?

Here is with onboard:
Interesting, its loading VirtualBox drivers. Any chance you can boot into the macOS Installer?

I laughed out loud at the "interesting"

Interesting, its loading VirtualBox drivers. Any chance you can boot into the macOS Installer?

I laughed out loud at the "interesting"
:D - Yes, I just installed VirtualBox, haven’t installed any virtual machines but planning to have a few on this box. Alright, let me change the scanpolicy and try, one min.

:D - Yes, I just installed VirtualBox, haven’t installed any virtual machines but planning to have a few on this box. Alright, let me change the scanpolicy and try, one min.
Scan Policy might be zero already. Do the only thing I can think of is you need move to another USB port for the installer and/or press spacebar at OC Boot Menu.

Wondering if Virtualbox broke something.

Scanpolicy indeed let the Install drive show. As part of changing that, I also changed the system definition to 17,1 - I remember with Clover, the DisplayPort wouldn’t work with definition 18,1 so thought this is worth a try, but it didn’t help:

Scanpolicy indeed let the Install drive show. As part of changing that, I also changed the system definition to 17,1 - I remember with Clover, the DisplayPort wouldn’t work with definition 18,1 so thought this is worth a try, but it didn’t help:
We need 19,1 for this one. Its part of the USB Map :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back