Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8742
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
Hello Everyone.

So I've been using a pretty good HP mini using OC and Big Sur. I purchased a used Mac mini m1. I wanted to have most of it intact so I use migration assistant and everything transferred well. Thing is I can't get video through the HDMI port, only through USB-C.

I THINK (I honestly don't remember but I guess I would pay attention that something wasn't working the first time) that when I did the migration assistant I was plugged directly with HDMI to the monitor, and after having everything right, I removed the old HP and placed the Mac mini where it was , connected all cables only to find HDMI was not outputting.

Question is: Would migration assistant transfer any kext or plist configuration to the new Mac? I don't think so as it only access the user files partition doesn't it?

I've also read some other users are having that HDMI bug (not related to mackintosh to whatsoever) so the possibility of me hooking up via usb c from the beginning could also be a thing.]

EDIT: So I took a photo of me doing the migration and It was indeed connected via HDMI directly. So I guess my migration messed up something. Any ideas on how to solve it or what to look for ?

Hello Everyone.

So I've been using a pretty good HP mini using OC and Big Sur. I purchased a used Mac mini m1. I wanted to have most of it intact so I use migration assistant and everything transferred well. Thing is I can't get video through the HDMI port, only through USB-C.

I THINK (I honestly don't remember but I guess I would pay attention that something wasn't working the first time) that when I did the migration assistant I was plugged directly with HDMI to the monitor, and after having everything right, I removed the old HP and placed the Mac mini where it was , connected all cables only to find HDMI was not outputting.

Question is: Would migration assistant transfer any kext or plist configuration to the new Mac? I don't think so as it only access the user files partition doesn't it?

I've also read some other users are having that HDMI bug (not related to mackintosh to whatsoever) so the possibility of me hooking up via usb c from the beginning could also be a thing.]

EDIT: So I took a photo of me doing the migration and It was indeed connected via HDMI directly. So I guess my migration messed up something. Any ideas on how to solve it or what to look for ?
Hi there,

If that's the case (and you have a proper M1 Mac), have you tried doing a Mac system PRAM or SMC reset?
That may help. It's very easy to do. For PRAM reset shut down your system and then powering it on again, hold Command, Option P & R keys together for 20 seconds before releasing them. The system will then restart.

For SMC reset with computer off press left-hand side Shift, Ctrl & Alt keys together and power button at the same time. Hold them down for 10 seconds before releasing them all at once. Then power on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back