Contribute
Register

Mac mini inside Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for the link !

As the owner of an i5 Mac mini, a Cube hack, and a spare cube I am very interested to see how this works out. I know that the whole thing won't fit in there the way Minihack's old Mac mini did, but I think the board is too big as well. Angling it could work, but despite the fact that you rarely see the bottom I would still know that it was all caddywampus down there. Look forward to seeing you work

Yes, because the board is bigger than the original Mini (but sort of a wonky L shape once stripped) it would need to be put in on the slant to get it into a Cube "can" for sure. Another option may be to go completely custom and lose the can!!!! which would gain an extra cm and a bit.
Look at my Avatar (or here) for an idea of what something without the tin box might resemble.

That's a tough road to tread though to diy if you don't have access to custom fabrication or if you want to make everything by hand.

"Caddywumpus" is a new word for me.

My wife is from the South and near as I can tell it means cockeyed or askew. I think I will stick with my DH61AG unless I get some money burning a hole in my pocket and feel like upgrading to the Q77 version and an IB instead of the SB. I did get the new Noctua low profile cooler yesterday and will try putting it in sometime in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back