Contribute
Register

Mac Mini-esque Mini-ITX build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok question for everyone...
Running into an issue as of last night when I updated clover to the latest build (4910) in Mojave 10.14.3.
This morning I walked out and apparently my hackintosh tried to reboot at some point and now is getting a kernel panic that will not let it get past the initial start of the apple screen. With verbose mode on everything runs by so quickly that I am unable to see what the panic is before it restarts. This happens three times and then I get a circle with a line through it and the machine shuts down.

I am able to get into the machine using my bootable thumbdrive which has clover version 4844 to work just fine and am currently typing this while booted into the machine with the thumbdrive. Lilu and WEG have been updated to the latest versions as well.

Thanks for the help but the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi file was still present. I thought possibly it had been corrupted at some point and replaced it with the one from my bootable thumbdrive. However, this did nothing.

Dang. Maybe one of the other files in EFI folder got corrupted/deleted?
Right?! That is all I can think of, something must have been corrupted during the installation of the updated version of clover to my hackintosh drive... Maybe I missed a step when I was doing that update and I need to go back through my steps. I had planned on doing this and then updating to 10.14.4 Mojave as everything has been running stable for the last few months.

Well I am an idiot....
Just realized what I did when I was updating clover to the newest version.... I apparently went through the "standard" update/install process instead of going through and doing the customized install and modifying those items in the UEFI installation.

Just went through and updated again and changed the UEFI folder so that I only was installing the bare minimum apps/kexts and wahala! she now boots properly. More than likely I had some random update that shut the machine down (I have auto updates turned off) and that caused the issue...

Note to self, always make sure to change the UEFI installed items.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back